Ashbringer Population - Stop incoming transfers asap

Are we on same server? Im level 80 on ashbringer, dailys for Hodir have no competition on the morning. It was almost impossible to do on gehennas same during the same hour.

3 Likes

That does not mean the server is not crowded. Have you seen questing areas? Have you seen Dalaran? I am lagging like hell since this morning, itā€™s impossible to level alts. AH is buggy and slow as well with tons of errors. This happened in the last 10 days.

I agree the server needs a healthy population. But it is still a healthy population at medium pop. Not every realm has to be high pop.

Today, as of writing, there is a lot of lag on the server;
Looting quest mobs, using the AH, logging in/out.

I have also looked at the possibility of it being caused by addons or my internet. However in this case it would not affect me without any addons, or affect anyone else.

There might be a difference in what you and I consider overpopulation and ā€œa good number of peopleā€.
The current state of the server is far too overpopulated.

The reason I initially started on it was because it was low pop, and I expected it to become medium pop at launch.

They however opened free transfer from other language realms as well.

There is also no server option for people who wants to play on a server that is crowded in every zone at all times.

I can understand that completely, and appreciate that you simply want to play the game instead of having queues.

Unfortunately one person is not the problem. The problem is the several thousands that transferred, along with their entire guild.

We will have queues on Ashbringer if it increases any more than it has. Which will make the whole point of free transfer pointless.

These are daily quests, at an unreasonable time for you to expect a crowd. You point is completely irrelevant.

If you can tell me, there is no competition at all in the weekend during peak hours. Then yes, I will agree the server need more people.

But if I can log on before work, at 7 AM on a Monday or Wednesday, and bare be able to quest because the mobs are all dead. That is too much of a crowd.

There are many opinions flying around, as well as mine in this regard. But the entire reason I wanted to play on Ashbringer in the first place, was as mentioned above, that I expected and hoped it would reach medium pop during and slightly after launch.
Not reach a queue, and competing with 25 other players for a single quest-mob in Dragonblight.

1 Like

The worst is that Iā€™m coming from Golemagg. I requested free transfer to Ashbringer on forums multiple times because Golemagg was too crowded. Now I check the last logins per character on both realms and I see that Golemagg has 20k unique characters and Ashbringer has 18k. Say 2 k of this are the people who log in and ask in /2 to ask how the server is, if itā€™s dead etcā€¦ How about the remaining 16k unique characters??? What is the point of the free migration if Blizz is sending players who are seeking a medium pop realm to a new destination that got to the same point as the previous one in just a week?

How difficult is it to open a new fresh server since WotLK was and will be the most played expansion ever, and the most trendy. We have NO choice even if we wanted to PAY and transfer. There is no such a realm except for an RP server. If a fresh server was to be opened and transfers were to be limited. it would fix everything. But no, letā€™s open transfers for over a week to Ashbringer, get everyone who is sick of queues to that low pop server and create another full server.

I was so hopeful that Blizz would take action and stop the transfers ASAP, the moment it hit high pop, but noā€¦ We have no idea when it will be no longer and by then Ashbringer will have queues as well.

I understand the ones who wait on the queue and how terrible it must be and they need to transfer. What Iā€™m saying is: Wouldnā€™t it be better if there were 2 other options to choose? Instead of sending every realm to Ashbringer? Most are coming to Ashbringer since it got high pop. Thing is, there are also players who PREFER a medium server. We found one, and then in a week, itā€™s just like the other ones minus the queue. Itā€™s unfair and I sincerely wanna quit the game after playing it every day for 14 years.

1 Like

Haha I just had a login servers are full message along with a queue. Good job Blizzard, keep them coming!

its a broken server what its like 95% hordeā€¦ must be fun ganking

It used to be 60/40 but now they brought horde from megarealms and mostly horde so itā€™s 80/20 according to latest data at the moment.

Reading i had to reply, being on the server since it was still low pop until it got to full statusā€¦alliance players had opportunities to come to this server same as horde did, transfers were open.

I know and i agree that Blizzard sometimes does a poor job at managing stuff like this but people also have to stop wanting that everything falls on their lap.

I play on ally too, there was a little instream of alliance the last couple of weeks but more and more people start to realise that ally side is dying. They are leaving the sinking ship and off to join the ally on a different, what is prolly a 99% ally server, where there is hope for a healthy community and enough people to play with. Today, saturday evening, stormwind ah AH were max 6 people. The faction imbalance gets to a point where the mmorpg expirience is gone.

The only reason I am staying is bcs of my guild but I hear left and right that they are gonna migrate soon. Well done Blizzard. Another pvp server where thereā€™s 95-100% one faction. People leave the realm and the circle continues or stop playing all togetheršŸ˜”. And the worst part is, that the healthy balanced realms are all locked out.

itā€™s no easy problem to solve I give you that but blizzard at least acknowledge this huge and dynamic problem and ACT already.

They killed the ally pop basically completely. Back in the day we had a considerable amount of alliance players, now there are 42 people online in SW on a Saturday eveningā€¦ They brought lots of horde from megaservers, so horde side is full but ally side either transferred off, or stopped playing due to constant ganking which I personally witnessed multiple times. Sad.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.