Ashbringer Population - Stop incoming transfers asap

Hi,

Prior to this week, Ashbringer, although a low pop realm was working quite nicely.
We all expected a certain influx of players with the coming of WotLK Classic.

However, it perplexes me how Blizzard thought it was a good idea to open Free Character Migration (FCM) from the “megarealms” Golemagg, Mograine, Gehennas and Firemaw, 2 days prior to the launch.

I understand they are trying to prevent the 8 hours+ ungodly queue times for people on those realms. But shipping them all off to another realm, creating yet another “megarealm” is shoveling sh*t under the carpet. They are simply creating queues on more servers, which Ashbringer has thankfully not reached yet. But it is still impossible to enjoy the launch of the new expansion, when everything is dead due to open transfer for several thousand people.

I cannot imagine Blizzard did not anticipate this. They have been developing and running this game, for almost 2 decades.
This is not my first expansion launch, but at this rate it might be my last. Blizzard has not ever managed to have a smooth launch for a expansion.

When you launch an expansion, and multiple expansions in a row tank completely in terms of queue-times, quests not functioning, and players unable to quest due to overpopulation. They have to start considering over-planning instead of being caught off-guard.

There is no hardware solution to this. This situation will not improve when Wrath of the Lich King Classic launches on September 26th, it will only get worse.

How can a company as large as Blizzard, make a statement saying there is no hardware solution?
They clearly haven’t figured out a software solution, so where does that leave us players?

They have closed and opened realm in the past. They will need to open more to compensate for the players returning in WotLK, migrating to emptier realms, moving from Retail (Shadowlands), and people trying the game for the first time.

Open more realms, close some retail realms if needed, as they at the very least have a functioning layer system.
If you refuse to layer classic, at least solve it another way.

The last comment to add; please stop opening transfers freely based on time, start restricting based on unique account transfers. This alone can prevent you from killing realms that are currently functioning (although, at this rate, barely).

2 Likes

What is happening? Why they should stop people from coming to Ashbringer?

The realm already has a growing population. As I mentioned, they should not wait until the realm has several hours queue before it is considered “too full”.

By that time it is already too late.

With the player influx we have now it is already almost impossible to do the starting quests in both Borean Tundra, and Howling Fjord.
There is no problem with having others questing in the same area. 40 alliance and 40 horde fighting over mob tags in every questhub, however, that is a problem.

I wish it only affected the intro quests to Northrend as that would not be an issue.
But it is every questhub in multiple zones, and as more people level and more people transfer, this problem will only increase.

1 Like

Sorry … I’m guilty of transferring but at lvl 60 i hope i can ease through it seamlessly.

You may find as with other expansions that people migrate out to level up and then go back to their original realms .

I’ll be here to stay as i literally want to play WoTLK again having got bored with retail.

Hello Ulyssés i hope you enjoy your time at Ashbringer.
It’s great to see people come back and to help the server feel alive again.

It’s also astonishing to see all those “dead server” prophets completely silence all of a sudden.

The fact that i’m playing without a 10 hour queue feels amazing.

Welcome to the server!

The issue is not in a single person transferring, it is the mass exodus that Blizzard is encouraging.

I can only hope they open a free migration from Ashbringer, and open up another realm so we can have servers with a balanced population instead of 4 locked server and 5 full ones.

This goes both ways as well. Firemaw saw a mass exodus not too long ago which from what I heard, as I wasn’t playing there, completely killed the horde population on the server.

2 Likes

hells to the no i much prefer the server being lively and not wasting nearly all day in org because only 30 people were online

So to you, there is no in-between “30 people online” and a locked server with 2 hours queue?

The problem is not that the server is “alive”. The problem, is that it is difficult to do simple tasks as “kill 10 X”-quests, because everything for a miles radius is dead, with 20 players waiting for spawns.

A server that has no population is no fun, don’t get me wrong. But a server that is too full, is honestly less fun as you cannot play the game.

If you want a server that is crowded in every area, and always has people in all zones, you should consider playing on a “megaserver” with 6 hours queue during peak-hours, such as Gehennas or Firemaw.

Ashbringer was perfectly fine when people started migrating, and we had 50 people in Orgimmar at all times.
Currently, you have 50 people in front of the mailbox alone. That is too much.

Some people are never happy. It’s sad.

2 Likes

They won’t stop the transfers until Ashbringer also get queues… It’s already a full server, they want another server that is locked so they have more to deal with I guess… Such a shame. So many people moved to Ashbringer because it was a medium pop server, now there is no such servers so we HAVE TO play on a locked realm cos they’re not even giving us alternatives. Shame on you Blizzard! Already 9100 unique characters on horde side and another 4100 on alliance. 13000 people already within 5 days. It was 2000ish before the free transfer for a quick math there.

They have to stop incoming transfers asap before it gets out of control, before they create another Mograine.

Ashbringer was low pop server on pre-patch i was there, it’s great to see it grow but i hope that it doesn’t get out of hand.

I agree fully. It was nice to see it grow a bit.

But now it has gotten out of hand. Soon we’ll have queues as well as every zone being full.

That is exactly what I want as well. But does not look that way cause Blizz aren’t stopping the transfers. The server is already way too many people. It would be nice to have one server that is not full but medium/high… Instead of opening one more new server they are sending everyone to Ashbringer and soon Ashbringer will be locked as well. Growing is ok, being locked is not. They just don’t care at the moment and thousands more transfer each day and that is an issue…

The realm needs healthy population even after the hype dies down, I’m tired of the queues and overall with megarealms, I’m planning to use the free transfers and come to this realm, and I hope I won’t regret it in the near future, so let people come to have a good community even after everything settles down

1 Like

Yeah, a bit of overpopulation now means a good number of people later on. Ashbringer also had queues at the start of Naxx and TBC and at one point afterwards it was truly dead.

Sorry to be part of your problem, but I plan on migrating once i can collect my mail from Gehennas and one issue is all the other options are none english speaking. Honestly I just want to play the game once I get home from work, do some pvp and try find a casual hardcore guild who wants to clear ICC HC in good time and be able to have a laugh.

1 Like

It’s not about 1 person mate, it’s about 3 thousand people migrating each day and Blizzard overlooking this. They simply do whatever they want without considering what the players want.

It is absolutly not to much ppl on ashbringer. Keep them comming!

3 Likes

20k is not much? AH keeps bugging. Questing is almost impossible. How is it not too much?

Usually what happens is that the people like the one above saying that it’s not too much people on Ashbringer, you will see them complaining if we get that awesome queue screen.

1 Like