Ask your questions for the WoW Q&A here!

Are there any plans on lifting class/race combo restrictions like you did back in Cataclysm? Perhaps even remove all restrictions?

Or just let Mechagnomes play any class, that works for me. You can keep all other restrictions, thanks!

8 Likes

How is TBC going to launch? Will there be a prepatch first? Will it launch straight with 2.4.3 class balance and stuff, or it will be proper per-patch progression?

10 Likes

Now I’m really confused as I put my question in the form that was linked. But I’ll repeat it here in case that’s what we’re supposed to do:

Connecting EU realms stopped abruptly with the job half done & no explanation from Blizzard. When will this start again? If there’s a reason for the delay I’m sure most people would accept it, but it’s the total silence that’s frustrating everyone.

17 Likes

What are some crazy developer ideas that have been unsuccessfully pitched within the WoW team over the years?

11 Likes

Are there any more plans to relax the unlocking of Allied races further? It is difficult to unlock the ones that still need BFA dungeons to be run. You can no longer queue for these dungeons at 60 (nor solo them) and trying to find a group is difficult as it is old content that few are now running.

5 Likes

Are there any plans to optionally use weapons in more caster animations akin to how many Artifact skills functioned in Legion? Would be especially appreciated for staves and wands.

3 Likes

Classic (TBC):

Are there any plans for some fresh servers?
How do you plan to handle bots in the future?

17 Likes

Any plan to tune pvp differently from pve and the other way around ? I mean, it feels bad to play a spec in pve where it is seen as “bad” whereas is really strong in PVP.

3 Likes

Why is the weekly box so crucial for gear progression? We always used to have some guaranteed drops from bosses or a vendor we could go to so that we don’t fall completely behind - but right now, I know some people who are 8 items down on others because they kept getting duplicates.

15 Likes

Do you plan to add archeology to SL?

5 Likes

Can we bring back the age, where each spec brought something unique to party/raids?

Also do better class balancing, like for example reducing pure dps classes utility power over hybrid classes.

5 Likes

Why isn’t ignore account to account yet?

11 Likes

With only the transport network of covenants having a practical use, can we expect to see the other covenant systems being given purpose beyond being a source of cosmetics? Cosmetics which once obtained will render those systems not worth the time to obtain on alts.

The reason is that US forums are extremely toxic and 99% of responses you’ll get to a serious thread is trolling.

Also, I have noticed that (possibly as a result) the devs are more keen to look for feedback in the EU forums than in the US (even if they don’t respond)

2 Likes

Are there also any plans to bring back PvP gear sets with different set bonuses?

7 Likes

Are you planning to fix warlock in pvp? Affliction/demo?

3 Likes

Skip for the maw introduction when?

17 Likes
  • Will The Burning Crusade (TBC) be released?
  • When will TBC be released ?
  • Which patch will TBC be released on?
  • Will the content be divided in phases and if so how is it divided?
  • What is the plan in regards to populations for TBC and more specifically, the launch.
  • What can we expect in terms of new servers, transfers, fresh starts and similor in regards to both Classic and TBC
  • Can we expect the new races earlier than the launch, perhaps in a pre patch?
  • Are the limitations from Classic, e.g 30 dungeons/day, to be expected in TBC aswell?
  • What have you learned from Classic that will help you improve our TBC experience
9 Likes

Question regarding TBC classic.

Most of my questions are based around raids and endgame actvities, and their relevance depends a lot on what patch we will get, progressive 2.0 - 2.4.3, or a plain 2.4.3 with content gated

1: One of the biggest issues with the classic raids, was the content was released in its nerfed version, or rather, the classes and items was released in their buffed version without the content being tuned to compensate for the increased player power, causing the raids to become too easy.
The same thing happened in TBC as well, that both classes and gear was rebalanced in 2.1, which was a nerf to t4 and t5 content, will blizzard tune those raids to compensate for the increased power that the class and item changes caused?

2: Phases.
In classic we had 6(8) phases with content, and in my opinion that worked out pretty well both with how the content released, and the time between them, and it was pretty natural considering this was the way it did release back in Vanilla, just cut out the bug change patches.

When TBC released, it had a lot of content available, all of T4, T5 and half of T6(Hyjal) however, due to bugs or intended overtuning, these raids were basicly released in phases. For the guilds that actually managed to kill the bosses that dropped the Hyjal attunement quest item, found out that it dropped only 1 per raid, meaning you would need 25 full clears to actually enter Hyjal with a full raid, this was obviously intended as to block guilds from going into a unfinished hyjal. How will this be handeled with a release of content thats supposedly fixed to remove bugs that make bosses unkillable?

If it releases in a fixed state and everything open, the players will basicly consume 70% of TBC’s content within the first month.
And if Lady Vashj and Kael’thas only drop a single quest item, you will see guilds demanding heavy split raiding, and / or buying entry from other guilds to get their members attuned, slowing down other guilds progression, turning the competition into a who can buy the most clears for their members, or who can level the most alts to 70 for split raiding, instead of what guild can clear it the quickest.

3: As a soon to be Shaman, unlock the new races a few weeks before the outland, so we can go in together with our friends, best part of a new expansion is the first few weeks, where everyone is super active and doing dungeons together, shamans that dont get boosted to 70 will be way behind and end up being carried trough the first tier / heroics, cause everyone else have “been there done that” by the time we get to 70. (I know this is a controversial request, i will have fun either way, but please consider this :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Don’t you think addressing underdog specilizations sooner and allowing more people to enjoy the game is better, than making them wait months for the next major patch, just to not “ruin” their already hindered mid-patch experience?

8 Likes