Asmongold is right RWF is ruining WoW

The irony when ultimate nerd asmonbald after years of mocking casual players finally admits that people like me were 100 percent correct in what we have been saying for years now .

RAID Has been way overtuned for years and its not interesing activity because of crazy difficulty IT Has.

Its time to either NERF IT by 40-70 percent or get rid od raiding.

At first getting rid od raiding may sound strange but imagine if each tier instead 1 boring RAID we woudl be getting lets say 6 completly new mythic + dungeons . Sound incredibly fun

12 Likes

A nerf would for sure need to be done right. Raids should still be challenging, but not based on gear.

I pull again the example from Destiny 2. The Raids there have a “recommended Powerlevel” (basically Gearscore if you want) which is mostly not that high. Everything above the recommended Powerlevel doesn’t matter anymore. You are basically hard-capped on a soft difficulty.

The only time a Raid is really challenging is on World First race. There it is like 50% harder, every bit of gear matters and sometimes even certain Exotic items (legendaries in WoW for referencer) are disabled because they would break the balance.

He doesnt. And neither is 99 percent of wow population outside of doing ocasional lfr.

And that’s exackly the point of this thread

7 Likes

I am fully aware of that. But complaining about “I don’t want to schedule my time/fun” is just complaining of needing to be invested with something. That you have to look for groups or reserve time for doing stuff like Raids was always the part of Endgame Content in any game. Its what makes it the Endgame. That it requires time. That it keeps you busy. That it eats a lot of time.

It is basically the point of Endgame Content.

You seem to be conflating games with jobs.

15 Likes

What.

M+? “Oh, I’ll do some keys for my vault”. Can do them whenever I feel like it. I don’t have to think about or adhere to when 19 other people can play.

11 Likes

There should not be ‘full raid wipe’ mechanics. There should be a lot of tank/ dps wipe mechanics (individually). They should also stop making enemies difficult by adding a huge health pool to them, focus on quality (abilities) and not quantity (the time you have to slap them).

7 Likes

I’ve never felt more personally attacked.

Who are you and who let you into our discord?! Those memes were personal and don’t reflect the opinions or policies of my employer :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

How is Asmongold WoW relevant? This dude is so casual i doubt if he ever finish a simple 5man dungeon

2 Likes

Ok so I did watch Asmongold’s raid attempt at SotFO normal and I did clear 9/11 normal because I got bored of the raid, didn’t do any attempts after that. And that is my impression of the raid, it’s a bit boring (some people have told me that I haven’t done the “fun” fight yet, which is Lords of Dread so idk).
And as I recall the Asmongold raid was pretty bad, they were failing very basic mechanics on Arteficer and Asmongold himself was winging it, yes I know that his argument is you shouldn’t have to watch videos or have addons to do the bosses but at least open the adventure guide ffs.
Also he is raiding on Alliance and we all know how that raiding scene is atm0. Overall he believes that the issue is the raid difficulty, what the actual issue is the lack of raiders on the Alliance side. Essentially he is in the position of beggars can’t be choosers and was stuck with “bads” with no real option to replace them.
Another point is that Asmongold claims that he never really did like raiding and only did it for the gear, soooo if that’s true my question is why should we care about his opinion on raiding if he never liked it in the first place ?

To clarify again I am only speaking about normal mode bosses and only the ones I have cleared, so maybe there is some validity to those claims in higher difficulties idk.

1 Like

Entrenched players lose perspective and become tunnel-visioned, that’s true in every area of life. IMO it pays off to listen to random casuals every now and then: you might get enlightened about how certain things are disliked by others while you always kind of took them for granted and didn’t think much of them.

Although if he didn’t even check the dungeon journal then he’s pissing against the wind and is not helping his cause (whatever that might be).

5 Likes

You are halfway right. I wouldn’t mind hearing what a casual player that is interested in raiding has to say about this, however Asmongold clearly states that he doesn’t like it as a whole and never did. It’s like me saying how PvP should be changed because I absolutely hate PvP.

Yeah I get that and I agree with your previous post. Just wanted to bring up the general point that raiders should actively try to avoid putting themselves in an echo chamber.

2 Likes

What is RWF?

2 Likes

Who cares about race to world first? How its even a race when same quilds win it all the time.

2 Likes

You obviously don’t raid. Raid encounters are literally around 5m average per fight. This is a good number.

Not on this char, it’s too long tbh. But oh well, to each their own. Glad you enjoy it! I want my 1h clear runs back.

The raids are to hard. I would delete the Mythic level and increas the HC loot to mythic loot. Also I would put the master loot back in to the game, because seeing this stupid amount of RNG is crazy, and also we could make Gold DKP again, what I always loved. Right now you cant get the best loot from the game if your not in a super good guild and you also have to lick some (you know what) to be taken to the raid, discusting!

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say Asmongold is right.

I would say that the games community is right, and Asmongold is just repeating the consensus.

Infact, I just wouldn’t have mentioned Asmongold at all.

Also, raiding is boring and has been for a long time. It was fun when it was fresh and new, for a few expansions, but now it’ll it stale and repetitive, and there are other options of game play and ways to gear up.

10 Likes

It’s entirely possible to clear normal and heroic in under 1h each. Just don’t yolo too hard