Assassination Damage Profile?

I don;t get the damage profile for my assassination rogue.

Just looking at my latest single target raid fight my tier 7 skill: poison bomb, sits around 2% of my damage, I have no interaction with this skill, it just goes off by itself once every 30 seconds or so.

My top-hitting ability is Melee, so basically, my Auto-attack, which just means I have to be near the mob and keep slice and dice up. Again, not much interaction there.

From a class design perspective, how can Melee be top DPS for a poison rogue, I could understand for outlaw but it’s really strange for assa. I even run the doomblade legendary that should pump envenom damage but still it’s behind my auto-attack.

How can Shadowcore Oil, a 2c consumable applied to my weapon, deal more damage than my Tier 7 (only) single target talent choice.

Oftentimes these last tier picks should be specc defining, it should matter. It certainly matters on my MM hunter, and on my Frost DK.

I am not complaining about my overall damage, but from a class/specc design point of view, something seems really off.

Should Poision Bomb just be reworked? It seems rather lackluster for a tier 7 talent that does insignificant damage and has no impact or gameplay enhancements.

Is melee ok for top dps dealer on a assassination rogue ?

4 Likes

Poison bomb needs to be brought back up to Legion standard really, as for rogue as a whole. It either needs a full class re-work again or to just be brought back to a older, more function iteration

poison bomb should be removed completely and replaced with any useful single target talent like kingsbane for example.
u dont want it to be back on legion standart since ur whole dps would be completely rng based on procs u have no influence on. u could do decend dmg with procluck and be absolute at the bottom without procluck or tank moving the boss out of it.

3 Likes

I mean i do want legion rogue back i enjoyed it and played it all expansion

I just want a meaningful choice, giving us something with so low impact is not really helping, makes me really question if they have someone actually thinking about these things or it’s just an afterthought choice for some single dude doing balancing for all classes.

It’s already extremely lazy how instead of thinking of new abilities and powers, they simply copied set bonuses and legendary powers from legion.

Is creativity really dead inside Blizzard?

I mean… regarding this specific point I don’t have an issue with it at all. I think it is good that they go back and see what went well in old content. Nothing wrong in re-introducing something that worked and that players haven’t seen for a while.

To some extent I’d rather not have them come up with new abilities and powers all the time that requires thousands of hours of balancing… I’d be happier if they would actually just make certain classes work better and then stop releasing new systems and other junk. That way they could focus on actually producing more meaningful content like new battle grounds, quests, stories, dungeons, raids etc…

1 Like

If Blizzard finally understood, that Systems are not Content, the game would be much more fun and healthy. I whole-heartedly agree with everything you said there.

1 Like

you do realise a assa rogue gets more then 50% of his dps out of auto attack’s.

That is the problem. It’s one of the main reasons many of us were against the return of SnD to start with. Passive damage removes Player agency, and can often make it feel like your actions are not contributing to your performance in a meaningful way.

Struggling to juggle all of your abilities, only for all of your efforts be trumped by something which is automatic feels bad.

I can appreciate that this is hard to balance in PvP because if abilities do too much damage, as it’s impact against players will be affected the most.
Which begs the question, why is it allowed for other physical classes like Warrior? Wait, and Paladin… Hunter… Monk… Demon Hunter… Shaman…

Wait a minute…
Are we the only class that has an automatic, passive action as their most impactful source of damage? :cold_sweat:

Now I feel somehow worse.

It is not hard to balance. If it becomes a problem in PvP they can do PvP specific nerfs as they did with sub rogues earlier in Shadowlands.

1 Like

As of right now if your not playing crimsion tempest or crit 20 knife combos, you lose so much damage, and even then crimson tempest is usually the better pick In raiding just for the sake it does now damage then half your kit currently. The energy regen is eh.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.