Assassination in m+

Hey!

I’m planning to play on this rogue again after I’ve been playing my warrior for quite a while now. I want to be more sneaky and be able to stealth.

I really like assassination and I wonder if they are any good in m+?.

I don’t really like the rng that outlaw has and there rotation is not as fun as assassinations with all the bleeds.

Also, I don’t think that I would like to have to gear my outlaw for m+ and my assassination for everything else, I just want to focus on one spec.

So how is assassination in m+?
Will I be able to do well and play high m+ like 15 and above?.

Thanks!

Hello,
Of course you can.

2 Likes

Assa is fine with specific Azurite Trait build you can do rly good AOE :wink: , but your single target dps will be much lower. (but still ok)
M+ AOE Build:
3x Echoing Blades + 2x Shrouded Suffocation + 1x Nothing Personal + Subterfuge Talent (must have, you can Garrote 3 mobs with insane strong DoT) + Poison Bomb ONLY (other talents do less AOE dps and no dps in single target). Spam FoK (3+ targets) and apply 5cp Rupture on every mob (energy overcap is irelevant)… use Garrote only from steath in AOE scenario… use Envenom only on low health or primary target that needs to die fast or if every mob have Rupture.
Garrote does most dmg, so… your tank have to give you time to restealth before pulling another pack of mobs or boss after killing pack. :neutral_face:

//Edit: with Neck Essence: Blood of the Enemy, i can burst over 100k dps and keep dps over 64k on 4 Targets.

1 Like

It is fine spec, u can play it and i guess everything work if played proper.

You can play assa in M+ aslong as you do your home work and come prepped for the appropriate affixes. Requires a teeny tad more effort than outlaw but is more than viable.

3 SS is more important than 3 EB. You ALWAYS want to play 3SS. If it’s an AoE week you want 3 EB 3 SS, if it’s a more ST week you want 3 SS 1 EB 1 NP and for the last, as you feel, either second EB or TTK.

But I insist, whatever you do, if you want to maximize M+ damage you play 3SS.

Poison bomb does less aoe dmg on most packs compared to crimson tempest.Crimson tempest for single target is useless but for aoe scenarios i think crimson tempest is always better.

You’d be surprised. I simmed for all my BIS essences etc today, and on hectic add cleave it said to still take poison bomb over crimson tempest or the fan of knives one.

Yes but you miss an important thing. While Crimson does more damage than Poison Bomb you DO NOT WANT to spend CPs on that. You want CPs on Rupture to have endless energy (a few ruptures on AoE are enough) and then you want CPs on Envenom to keep the Envenom buff up and keep having 80% chance to apply Deadly with FoK. If you drop that buff because you want Crimson Tempest to be up, you actually lose damage. And since Poison Bomb is tied to those Envenoms keeping the buff up makes it proc. So, Poison Bomb it is !

1 Like

Assas is more than fine for high keys, it’s 2 biggest weakness is that outlaw is just a tad better, and you need restealths between packs to get the most out of SS.

raider.io/characters/eu/twisting-nether/Seliathan#season=season-bfa-3

Highest Assas rogue of Season 3, around 4k RIO and a few 25’s done.
So you’ll be more than fine for 15’s.
Generally, you need the right Azerite setup to do dmg, where Outlaw is a bit more forgiving.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.