At this point I'm refusing communications outside my guild

I hadn’t seen the chat sensor message until recently and the message was “are u guys/girls playin rbgs tonight?” :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

I’m not sure I fully understand.

Do you mean that there will be a disproportionately higher number of collateral reports and sanctions compared to warranted reports and sanctions? Or are you suggesting that it’s all a facade, and nothing is actually being done after people are reported? Or maybe you are suggesting that the auto-inappropriate word detection is merely a bandaid for a much more complex issue?

its anti abuse theater - so probably some or all of the bits you mentioned.

i predict some sort of announcement on developing an ai (not ai at all lol) machine learning based system in a few months. more of the same really :frowning:

1 Like

I’m not sure what other people are saying in this thread because I haven’t read it all, but the chat sensor is completely broken.

Someone sent me ‘okidoki’ in a whisper today and it filtered it out and prompted me to report.

4 Likes

reported for saying okidoki :wink:

1 Like

I think any response like I hope you fail is worse than just a raging one. Also a ironic one like “gg” when you failed.

In this case, I would hope the person gets lifetime banned, who didnt trade the trinket. It goes hand in hand with people who press need and dont use the transmog button, when they dont need it but only want transmog.

But it’s not about being a douchebag though. People use “bad” words even when they don’t have negative intentions. For example I got suspended for using the B word. Here is the context of how it was used.
Randy: how did you survive X?
ME: Soulstone B-word.

Even the phares that suggests one should go and delete their character, could not be meant in a negative way in a given context.

2 Likes

I see what card u are pulling here " its blizzards damn fault because of the system" nah it isnt people are offended by the tiniest words. If u say for example to a player " u are bad, he/she is offended". Simple. People feelings is like a snowflake.

1 Like

I don’t agree. SOME people sure, but I don’t think the vast majority of WoW’s playerbase is actually like that. Because it’s an aging playerbase: People from the early days of online gaming. They were conditioned to have tough skin.

Of course there’s going to be sensitive susans and snowflake simons, but I think that’s a pretty low number among WoW’s players.
People will report you because they can. They are being enabled to abuse power and as I’ve stated many times over the years on these forums: Putting power over other players in the hands of players is never a good idea. Because they WILL abuse it. Guaranteed.

but the current system encourages people to get posters banned for saying something they disagree with via mob rule.

post something supporting ukraine and saying russia is bad if you want to experience it.

1 Like

That’s silly. You’re advocating for posting about non-WoW topics. And worse: Political topics. The majority of people here just don’t want to read about that stuff on a forum about World of Warcraft - and rightly so, because it’s in the terms you agreed with when you started using the forums.

don’t be daft it can be wow related, for example asking why blizzard are continuing trade a certain country currently under a big international trade embargo because they invaded a neighbor.

if you don’t like a thread’s topic, don’t read the thread?

These forums are for discussion about World of warcraft the game, not international politics or trade embargos.
There are many people who likely agree with you but this just isnt the place to talk about it.
If you want to make a political statement go talk to your own politicians.

2 Likes

asking why the game world of warcraft is available to a country under international embargo isn’t a question about world of warcraft the game?

that’s some impressive gymnastics. isn’t the simple answer don’t read the thread?

And if the system wasnt there u would also complain, so ye its a vicious cycle of complainers.

not really. the system replaced gms. i’d prefer there were still gms but they cost money.

You are asking about the game’s availability in certain markets which involves politics. Not about the game itself
As in. What you like or dislike about the game, story, char progression…and so forth. And none of this has any relation or connection to real life politics and trade embargoes.

3 Likes

Ofc kinda logical sense u know

no i don’t know, please explain why you’d like a rubbish automated system instead of employing human beings.

Humans costs money, a system earns u money easy.