At what lvl can u easly start solo old raids?

currencly lvling a dk and i wanna do some mog chasing, but at what lvl can most old raids be soloed?

also, if you gonna ask mee why i dont wait for lvl 60 to do it, because i neeed to my char to look amazing as possible while i lvl else i lack the feel to lvl on lol

3 Likes

General rule of thumb is you’re two expansions ahead of when that content was relevant. Since the level squish though, I don’t know what levels that equates to nowadays.

1 Like

can a warrior collect dk sets?, or is it strictly class bound when you collect stuff?

I know it used to be class bound, but been so long since i was into old raids and mog hunting i dont know whats truee or not =P

1 Like

Class sets need to be equipable by the character being played…so you’ll be able to loot them but if you’re not playing a DK at the time, you can’t equip it and therefore cannot collect the appearance for transmog.

General plate armour is fine though on any plate-wearing character.

1 Like

Depends on the items. If it can only be equipped by dk’s then warriors can’t add it to collections. But if its a plate and you can equip it then you can add.

For the raids, a 60 lvl can solo all raids up to Bfa ones. All previous raids bosses are pretty much takes 10 seconds to kill.

1 Like

With a DK I wouldn’t bother with vanilla and TBC raids as DK doesn’t have any class gear from there. Would rather go with a Warrior/Paladin and pick up the class sets as well as the plate armours.

However, from WotLK and onwards there are DK tier sets, and you should be fine doing WotLK normal raids at level 40, 45 for 25 H. And from here, really the easiest way to clear the raids is to level up to 50 and get BfA gear (unless you intent to start leveling Shadowlands to 60). Well geared at level 50 should make you capable of clearing raids up to and including WoD, and perhaps even earlier tiers of Legion on Normal.

1 Like

you can solo any raid from pandaria and before at lvl 50 with no gear.for wod you need to be lvl 50 and item lvl atleast 60.legion and bfa lvl 60 and a team with good gear

2 Likes

In general, 50 is always a safe bet, but no idea how raids scale in Chromie Time. The first ones are set at 30 with bosses at… 33, so maybe 43 to get a proper legacy buff?

If you see the tag “Class:Death Knight”, then only a DK can get that look. Otherwise, share the armor type with the target loot pieces.

And since it’s DK, if you’re in need of class set mogs, LK raids are set to… I think lvl 35, so then I’d not try before 45 to be safe. :smile::smile:

2 Likes

The squish made things tougher for sure.
I had a Panda Monk who are around 111 or 112 (high enough to solo Legion dungeons for the order hall class mount stuff). He was soloing MOP raids with ease pre squish. Post squish at level 46 he got stuck on the second boss of Throne of Thunder. I leveled him up to 51 and he could do Throne of Thunder 10m fine but some fights were a little slow.
Saying that this monk is a rarely played alt poorly geared.

1 Like

I think some people underestimate the legacy buff you get when you’re 5 levels above that content. I cleared Molten Core on a level 36/37 (can’t remember) paladin, and a level 39 mage cleared Sunwell Plateau. At 49 (mage) I could even do mythic Siege of Orgrimmar and level 50 (DH and Paladin) was even enough for normal Nighthold.

If you check on wowhead there are sets labeled as “lookalikes”. Meaning they have the same appearance but aren’t restricted to a single class. Some pieces might be class specific and thus missing from those lookalike sets and can only be collected by DKs.
https://www.wowhead.com/death-knight-raid-transmog-sets

1 Like

Raids are inaccessible when in Chromie Time, you literally can’t enter them.
I know that too well from forgetting about Chrome Time and taking a couple of my level 45-49 chars from their questing and straight to Onyxia’s Lair.

gueess i have to settle for something like this then, while i lvl:

Fix the kick vote system, tried doing a dungeon, some guy offline for 5-10 min, he could not be kicked. whats more toxic than that sign up for dungeons and go offline. so much for the behave nice and protect the ??? amoung us.

It’s a bug, chill. Just report the player in the meantime. It has nothing to do with the social contract.

No idea why they couldn’t be kicked, but griefing isn’t the only reason for one to go offline. Maybe an emergency, or a DC issue, maybe something with network. It could have been many things, chill :slightly_smiling_face:

he was offline from moment he joined. but yea who knows what happend, true, but still the lack of kick is well

Personally, I only go offline from a key if some emergency happens or it’s some maintenance matter.

Such as an electricity outage in our city during the previous fall which meant no wi-fi and my laptop’s battery was low too :frowning_with_open_mouth:

haha thats very legit reasons,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.