Auction House Updates

With hotfixes earlier today that are in place on all realms, we’ve implemented updates to address Auction House service issues on the largest Burning Crusade Classic realms.

In today’s hotfixes update later, you’ll see them listed like this:

Auction House

• Implemented settings changes intended to lower the time it takes to search the Auction House.
  • Players who list, bid, buy out, or cancel a very large number of auctions may now incur a delay between consecutive actions.

As before, we’re paying very close attention to the Auction Houses, and we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.

16 Likes

thank you, would be great for them to incur 5 mins+ for each auction posted

1 Like

Thanks for the AH patch! It’s amazing how fast AH is now! :blush:

1 Like

Your AH code is broken, and the fix is to limit people buying from the AH? That is not a fix. Please fix.

3 Likes

@Blizzard, AH is slower then my uncle… cmon please fix

1 Like

Are you serious? Instead of optimize things, and finaly combine each 1stack in a bunches in backend, you give us this? I was really positive for your work with AH, I can undestand how hard it to change things under load on a production server. But you instead give worst ever solution. Great.

1 Like

Still not working on Gehennas, even after your second fix.

3 Likes

^^ second this, still 5 minute delay on doing anything on the AH and its not even the afternoon yet

1 Like

If too many stacks of 1 are causing the problem, why not just temporarily limit the number of items a player can list at once of the same type, when below max stack size?

2 Likes

The problem is that classic era is on the Legion client where TBC is on bfa/shadowlands.

By the end of BFA the AH was redesigned as a fix instead, we’re having retail problems on TBC classic because of this.

No issues with AH during classic era “Legion” client.

1 Like

No. In times of legion, there was walls of 5-10k items posted by one. And AH still worked well. There is a bug, something like memory leak. AH was fast after reboot and slowing 2 times every hour till almost not working at all.

1 Like

Yeah its a bfa problem that carried over to TBC classic with the client “upgrade”

The change is pretty significant. Much better than yesterday.

I see no difference whatsoever. Took me around 10 min to buy the mats for Transmute: Earthstorm Diamond (5 different items).

It’s great to get AH updates on the burning crusade servers. Maybe one day we could include the completely rewritten AH that runs on the retail servers . In the meantime , could the TSM developers be forced to deactivate the sniper feature in the addon ? I think it also overloads the AH API and slows it down.

So you want to completely disable AH for some resources? What a great idea!

Would people have a problem with just adding the retail AH? It’s not like it would change the game

People? Probably not.
Activision? Yes. Because it require additional $$, and a lot of time.

so when this patch will be done? ah is soooooo bad, like, I am playing only tbc wow, don’t really know why we pay u for service like this…l

L
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
G

Cmon man its 2021? fix this already? any system engineers around? should i come there myself?