Autofocus addon in arena

Hello,
I started developing an addon to ease the focus in arena, and wanted to know if the feature was allowed (before I get banned =D) :
This addon will go through all my macros to find a specific pattern, and will replace this pattern with /focus arenaX, X being the ID of the enemy healer.
It’s similar to the AutoFocusHeal addon, but the difference is that mine will potentially parse many macros, not just one. I need this because I play many characters.

Example:

Original macro:

###FOCUSHEALER
###END
/cast Mortal Strike

Macro after the addon’s edit:

###FOCUSHEALER
/focus arena2
###END
/cast Mortal Strike

Thanks!

Hi,
I’d say you are in the clear even though it sounds like an awful lot of automation. But if similar addons already exist and you don’t circumvent any restrictions set by Blizzard, I don’t see a problem. But I’m not an expert on the addon policy. :sweat_smile:

If you were looking for an official statement, I don’t think you will get one here.

Regards

Hey Amarabael, thank you for your answer :slight_smile:
I was indeed secretely hopping for either an official statement or someone who could link me to a specific article saying that I cannot do this.
Like you said it sounds like a lot of automation, but that’s something I do manually before entering the arena anyway (during the 30 seconds prep), so I don’t think there should be any issue.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.