Automated ban system is completely broken

well the game is for 12+. no idea what the joke was about but if its inappropriate for 12 year olds then its posing a problem for blizzard. :woman_shrugging: doesnt matter if you find it offensive or not.

so do you think 12 year olds reported me? and you said it yourself:

keyword 12 PLUS. if they dont want kids being exposed to ā€˜inappropriateā€™ jokes then chat should be hidden by default unless enabled by parents. and lets be honest, some sad 20 year old reported me because they spend too much time reading on twitter instead of thinking critically. ā€˜inappropriateā€™ is just a subsititute word for offending someone

Have you spoken to a GM? Again as far as I am aware you need 5 reports to get an auto silence and then its reviewed by a person and decided upon as to whether to keep the silence or not.

The auto silence is for a maximum 24 hours but the GM who reviews it can make it longer if they deem whatever was reported as breaking rules and if it didnā€™t break rules they will remove it.

So at least 5 people must have found your joke offensive to trigger the auto silence :woman_shrugging: sometimes its worth just thinking for a second before pressing send and saving yourself the hassle. Same on the forums.

Most 12 years olds understand more than we think, itā€™s us adults that think they are more innocent than they are. But yeah, if it was clean then you got banned for nothing, but I have a feeling it wasnā€™t.

2 Likes

eh, i dont disagree with you. 12 year olds nowadays have a broader swear word catalogue than me and are in general further ahead than i was when i was 12.

but i suppose its just to keep a certain image. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.