AWC 2021 Gets Cracking Today

Can we get AWC UI for RETAIL arenas?

6 Likes

But that is an arbitrary comparison.
You could make the same comparison by holding the finals of NBA up against the World Archery Championship. Just because the former is more popular than the latter doesn’t translate to the fact that the less-popular of the two has an issue with viewers.

I don’t know what numbers of viewers would be considered good or bad. I see 20k viewers and I conclude that 20k people are being entertained. I watch it and I enjoy it. I’m not sure what more there is to say.

Rather than worry about arbitrary numbers of viewers, why not focus on whether you yourself care to watch it and find it enjoyable?

well thats the case almost every tournament that 2 or max 3 healers dominate?

who is “that players”? there are the same 5 people whining on the forums everyday while literally thousands have fun queing arena all the time.

Im glad they dont listen to the official wow forums because people only write nonsense here.

also at all the people saying everyone gets oneshotted in 10 sec we had many dampening games already in tournament.

4 Likes

You don’t even acknowledge the existence of Holy Priests? :pleading_face:

2 Likes

mythic+ tournaments are not really bigger and there are even more people playing m+. Problem is that its very hard to follow 3vs3 arena matches if you are not familiar with every class and tactics. Its not CSGO where you can easily understand everyting thats going on without even playing the game. Even wow players who play the game for years dont understand anything in a competetive 3vs3 arena tournament game.

Also switching to youtube made the tournaments lost like 30% viewers.

3 Likes

Oh we will end up seeing Shamans alright.

3 Likes

It is true that NBA is more popular compared to Achery, which is why there is a difference in viewers. However, that is not the case with Wow, Minecraft or League of Legends, which all have a quite big playerbase. You can’t compare it to achery and NBA haha.

I don’t worry about arbitrary numbers of viewers, I tried to make a statement on the state of WoW PvP based on the low amount of viewers. Blizzard can dig their own grave.

This… it looks clean as hell

you compare world of warcraft arena with minecraft and league of legends? there are like 30x more LoL players than wow players and of these wow players maybe 5 to 10 % are interested in arena enough to maybe watch a tournament. You overestimate wow arena playerbase totally.

1 Like

Minecraft and league both have SIGNIFICANTLY more players than wow does

All I meant was that I still doubt you can compare it to the difference in viewers for NBA and achery.

FDK going well atm, no1 even playing at him. Tho no buffs for DK. :smiley:

zeepy <3 for playing dk

DK sucks please buff

6 Likes

You topic about Monks/druid/rogue/warrior 1 ability kills in pvp. And Pontender being overtuned. mep gg pvp Bunch of melee fiesta

Why is Eiya speaking for DK nerfs based on 1 game where DK managed to enable a Warrior, they literally have the lowest class representation in arena with DH.

I don’t think dk needs nerfs. They are very strong in a melee cleave comp but on their own in like a bg they feel very underwhelming dmg wise and ds heal is a joke. You could just target the chill streak talent and tone it down while giving them back better self healing.

This, this, this, this, this.
And a touch of obliterate nerf revert.

Don’t forget Pillar of Frost. Reverting it back to 45 s instead of 1 min cd as of now would make the spec feel much less clunky as well as making it line better with FDKs other CDs like Frostwyrm’s Fury (90 s cd), Chill Streak (45 s cd) and Empowered Rune weapon (around 90 s cd with conduit).

Yeah, I don’t think any of those changes would be unwarrented. I always felt the nerf frost dks especially 2 hander got in prepatch were completely uncalled for.