Azerite traits choice

Hi
I played Rdruid (my main ) through most of BFA but after patch 8.3 i switched to dh. (i played dh in legion and came back in 8.3)
I watched tren youtube video and skill capped youtube guide about DH. None of them said that dh should have furious gaze as an azerite trait however icy veins recomment taking it.(i think that furious gaze is a must have azerite traits,currenlty i have only one but i’m aiming to get 3 traits of it)
Should i have 3 azerite traits of furious gaze ?(for arena)
+Check my armory if you have any suggestion .My gear is not the best but it’s more then enough for arena.How much further can i push my rating with 464 ilvl(im 464 ilvl + is more enough for arena, i do up to 35k dps with my current gear in arena vs2 dps and around 20k dps vs dps/healer).
I currently have gushing wounds on only 1 455 braces .
Should i go full gushing wounds over other types of corruption i have currently on my gear ?(i have the corr that increase my haste by 12% and other )?
Is my vers enough?
Feel free to give me any advice you want.
PS:IF you have nothing viable to say sh** up and don’t post.

1 Like

Furious Gaze greatly increases your haste, which reduces Blade Dance cooldown and the GCD, allowing you to get more attacks in. It also increases your corruption procs.
The reason people are not suggesting it is because the cast has to finish for you to get the haste benefit. In PvP there is a great risk someone will stun or kick you in the middle of the channeling. You can work around this by positioning yourself so that you are out of range of a kick, or simply stunning your target.
Also, a kick on you means a kick not on your healer, so it is not the end of the world.

Another trait that is a must for me is the Burning Soul one. This gives you an absorb shield when you dispel a magic effect, while also generating a Soul Fragment on the ground. Picking up the fragment will heal you and give you fury (provided you have the Demonic Appetite talent, which you should).

Personally I’m running a combination of Gushing Wound and Vers amp. I think you should try to get a couple of pieces with +12% vers now that it is available on the vendor.
You should aim for vers on every gear you have (regardless if you have the % amp or not). Also, do not forget to enchant with vers on rings and weapon as well.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

really helped alot but before staking vers , i should first get haste up tp 22%.right?

1 Like

I think around 16% haste is fine if you have Furious Gaze. This is assuming you are going to mana burn.
You want to reduce the GCD between Fel Eruption and Mana Rift so that the target does not have enough time to run out of the effect.

1 Like

ok thanks alot but you said that i should run a combination of gushing wounds and vers.I re watched skill capped corruption guide and they only recommend getting full gushing wounds. In 90% of the matches i played my healer was the pri target not me so should i still get ver or just full gushing wounds ?

1 Like

That is what I am using personally: 6xGW + 3x12% vers
This is mainly because I stacked full vers before Gushing was available on the vendor.

I recommend that you get several pieces of gear with about equivalent stats so that you can have different corruptions and just switch out and try what works best. It is a good idea if you decide to do 3v3 where damage is higher.

It is true that many people just focus the healer - but healers on the other hand are more likely to go full vers and thus be a worse target dps-wise. If you notice someone is running Gushing Wounds, chances are they will be squishy and a good kill target (some healers are also running GW).

My general experience in 2v2:
DK - goes for healer
DH - goes for healer
Warr - goes for healer
WW - mainly healer, but can go both
Feral - spreads pressure
Enha - doesn’t even queue
Assa - kills whoever he wants
Ret - goes for healer
Surv - mainly healer, but can go both

Destro - kills whoever he wants
Fire mage - kills whoever he wants
Frost mage - on you
Ele - spreads pressure, mainly you
The rest of the casters are rarely seen.

Once you start climbing in rating you will face A LOT of Assa Rogues. You have to be super careful vs them because they can and will kill you in a kidney + smoke bomb.

2 Likes

So i should get some ver and all other gushing wounds.ok but vs assa rogues should i go full ver or have a mix of them. personally the assa rogues i faced goes for my healer not me so i think that gushing wounds is still viable vs assa rogues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.