Azshara Lore vs Game Inconsistency

Hi,

I started digging some lore related to Azshara right after the latest patch and it striked me: originally Azshara pledged her loyalty to Sargeras (e.g. The Ultimate Visual Guide, p. 40) and with BfA, in Warbringers mini series she’s negotiating with Old Gods if I understand correctly.

What do you think about it? Is there any explenation I yet undiscovered? I tried to find related topic on this forum but saw only this Lore and gameplay inconsistencies

Thanks!

Since when pledging loyalties is for life?Sargeras couldn’t bring his bum in azeroth, Aszhara’s palaces flooded and N’zoth made her prosition during it.

3 Likes

You’re right. I followed up my investigation :wink: and she allied with Old Gods after she felt betrayed by Sargeras. Sorry for a rush creating this topic, please close it.

Azshara tends to switch her allegiances at whim and truly is only interested in herself ( vanity ) hell i wouldnt be surprised if she tried bargaining with the horde / alliance after we defeat her in the raid

She’s already out here saying that one day “we’ll be her champion” and that “she will rule” so her bargaining with the Horde and Alliance is entirely in character. AND what I suspect will happen. When we kick her butt, she’ll likely realise that N’zoth has conned her and want her petty revenge (+ her life) by siding with us. Then again, maybe N’zoth will dispose of her shortly after we beat her? After all, the Old Gods are not known to be particularly loving or protective of their followers.

1 Like

Killing azshara off when we finally get to see her ingame would be a complete waste of her character in my opinion.

Id like to see her live but im not optimistic.

2 Likes

wasting major/important lore characters thats a typical blizz/wow thing.

Well she was inconsistent from the start of BfA or even ten thousand years before that. Azshara is many things, self-centered and vain, powerful but self-serving.
When we are shown the cinematic whereas everything is falling apart and all of Kalimdor is collapsing due to the influx of power that the Well created upon it’s implusion and destruction. Trying to save her most devoted followers, but she knows it’s a lost cause.

At this point, she cannot even save herself. Yet, when N’zoth keeps her sustained underwater and offers her a deal from a position of power whereas she has nothing, if she declines. she dies. Not even the Lich King was so stupid.

What was she about to prove? A show of force against what one would assume would be the darkest aura surrounding N’zoth she has ever experienced.
For her to risk her own survival and power, on a gut feeling since she cannot read his mind, is pretty farfetched.

She is acting out stupidly, so N’zoth allows her to believe she has won until he offers her a climpse into the heart of the Black Empire, where she immediately falls into madness and thereby right into the hands of her new Master.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.