Balance: Astral Power Spending

I’m thinking of trying out my Druid in a raiding environment again after some time of simply leveling her just to mine/herb. Giving Balance a go, but I am confused over the rules on when to spend Astral Power, so hoping to get some guidance here.

Am I right in thinking the rules are:

If you don’t have 3 stacks of Starlord, spend Astral Power as soon as you can (assuming Invocation: Chosen of Elune is on cooldown and Sunfire and Moonfire are up on the target)

If you don’t have 2 stack of Rattle the Stars, spend Astral Power as soon as you can

Otherwise just spend it when you’re in danger of capping it.

Is that right? Or should I just be spending it as soon as I can?

Yes, i would say getting Starlord up to 3 stacks is prior nr1, closely followed by keeping your Rattle buff at 2 at all times.

If you don’t use the macro to cancel your starlord: /cancelaura Starlord
Then you will get into positions where it gets a little awkward. You will end up in situations where your Rattle is about to run out and you Starlord is about to end (since it doesn’t renew when adding stacks).

If the above is the case then I would suggest you letting your Rattle temporarily drop so you have enough Astral Power to get your Starlord up to 3 stacks as quickly as possible.

Obviously, the most optimal way is to run with the macro above, to cancel your starlord.
Then in those situations where your starlord will run out just after your Rattle drops, you can simply pool Astral Power, use the macro so your starlord resets, and then pump out your spenders. That way you can keep your Rattle up at all times, whilst not ending up in a situation where you kept your Rattle, but you don’t have Astral Power to get your Starlord up fast enough.

I hope that makes sense =)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.