Balance Druid In 9.1?

SL eclipse system is much worse than BFA empowerment system.

Current eclipse is very counter-intuitive and awkward.

2 Likes

Well you can say that about VDH also ner there kiting abilities its the same as boomkin ST = superior

What?

/10char

They said that to frost mages and frost is in the bottom of the list.

Also, they said that to MM hunters and MM in the bottom of the list too…

Hi I am a Kyrian. I got benched and had to “reroll” Guardian.
The Convoke PvP nerf should have applied in PvE. It is far stronger than it seems by sims as Convoke almost always gains full value while Kyrian depends on you and your partner doing your rotation well and not being affected by mechanics.

That’s not how it goes in this instance.

BoaT is the single most overwhelmingly defining, core feature of the Balance Druid. The entire rotation, all the secondary stat weights, trinket choice and talents are all dependant on it. Everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING about Balance Druid revolves around BoaT and its interaction with Convoke. Your entire character is built around it and your entire rotation is playing around it. The problem is, without that interaction and playstyle, the spec is utterly garbage and does damage in the realms of a hunter pet.

Nerfing BoaT this heavily will not take Balance down a peg. It will completely break the spec because the spec is designed in a fundamentally flawed way. I have been saying this since December and many Balance players and theorycrafters are in agreement: I’m fine with nerfing BoaT and/or Convoke. In fact, I would very much like a nerf to BoaT and/or Convoke because the playstyle it creates is simply unfun. I don’t want to play Convoke Druid, I want to play Balance Druid. BUT, here’s the rub: Balance Druid doesn’t exist after the SL rework, it has been completely replaced by this new Convoke Druid spec. ANY nerf to BoaT/Convoke NEEDS to come with a MASSIVE redesign of the ENTIRE spec because it simply does not work otherwise. And I don’t mean ‘buff another legendary’ kind of change. That’s not what is needed and it won’t work. The entire spec, down to how the individual spells work, needs to be re-done because, let’s not mince words, Blizzard did a sh!t job of it and no other style of play or building your character is remotely viable.

5 Likes

But Kyrian has wings.

WINGS > everything

I hate the SL spec so much I stay Guardian for open world stuff and now even M+. It isn’t intuitive. It requires a good understanding of the (obscure) theory on the spell interactions, more boring target-dummy practice than I’m willing to spend learning it, and just plain isn’t fun when you’re also trying to perfect tactics in raids.
I’ve played mainly balance since I started in 2007, and, for me, (after I got the hang of the WoD eclipse change) this is the worst incarnation so far. Blizzard Developers need to realise that it’s more than Mythic World first raiders playing a class. When the gap between perfect rotation and average player is this big, they’ve forgotten the KISS principle.

2 Likes

That is true…but even BFA balance was not fun to play
last time i had fun playing balance druid was in legion

Agreed.

While Balance druids have some fun utility stuff in M+, they aren’t great to play in raid, mainly because of the rotation and the BoaT legendary.

Also: Empyreal Ordnance trinket. That’s also a core part of the Balance druid raid kit and play-style, and it’s getting nerfed.

In a way, it’s good that BoaT and Empyreal Ordnance trinket are getting changed, because it will allow for a more flexible play-style that isn’t so extremely sensitive to getting the timing of certain things perfectly right. I don’t mind difficulty, but the spec just feels awkward at the moment. But even with those “simplifications”, I think the rotation will still not be fun to play.

I played Balance druid a lot in raids this tier because of the numbers. If they’re only somewhere in the middle of the pack, I’ll switch to something that’s either middle and the pack but genuinely fun to play (Fury maybe?), or some FotM spec that’s at the top.

Totally agree.

BFA empowerment system has a good solid base. It had a fluid and logic rotation. It just needs few tweaks. e.g. SL Starfall.

Instead, Blizzard replaced it completely with an awful eclipse system in SL. The basic rotation is counter intuitive and base damage is trash.

SL balance totally relies on NF convoke and BOAT legendary, 2 borrowed power. If one is not NF or doesn’t have BOAT, he is almost useless.

And ofc when SL is done and borrowed powers are gone, the spec will go back to worst status in history.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.