Balance Druid Lore/Guide

Good Afternoon,

I’m currently working on an arc where my worgen character Arian, is supposed to learn the ways of a Druid of the Moon/‘Balance Druid’ type, but I’ve had some difficulties to find a clear understanding how it works in the lore or even in RP how a ‘Balance Druid’ work with the astral magic, and I’ve had either conflicting results in finding it.

As far as I got from the wiki it says: ‘‘The elements that carve form into the universe are fluid forces of nature. Some beings seek to bend the power of these natural elements to their will. Druids, however, worship the protecting spirits of nature. Long ago, nature’s equilibrium was thrown out of balance, leaving the world vulnerable to catastrophic events, including the first invasion of the Burning Legion. By leveraging the sacred powers of the moon, the sun, and the stars, balance druids access arcane and nature magics—made more potent still through shapeshifting, when the spellcaster takes the form of the moonkin—to aid in the fight against imbalance that threatens the natural order of all things.’’

If anyone could help understand how Balance Druid works,how this could be applied to a Worgen as I understood their abilities is connected to the celestial I would be appreciative. Thank you.

I’m interested as well.

I guess this was harder than I thought?

Can’t blame, since there seem to be few people who understand how Balance works in lore :confused:

It is quite a difficult one, because it’s never really explained. The other druidic magic, like we see in the Feral, Guardian and Restoration speccs are all connected to the Dream and the natural world, but it’s less obvious for Balance druids.

I don’t think there is a simple answer to this. At best you can have a look at the druids of the Moon in Val’sharah, the Dreamgrove and the Legionfall camp to see if there are any specific hints. But the idea (I think) is that the sun, the moon and the stars are also part of the natural world and just as accessible to a druid as the Dream is. But I don’t think usually Balance druids have any specific role in druidic circles.

I hope this helped at least somewhat.

Any help is appreciated! I figure it’s the same that it’s a balance of celestial energies from cosmic bodies that Balance druids try to pull from, that depending on the view, can be nature, arcane or astral magic, but still bound to the natural world that they can access.

What makes this more intresting in retrospective is maybe what connection the Scythe of Elune does to Balance lore. The Worgen orginates from the attempt of trying to calm the wild nature of Goldrinn through Elune magic (Aka celestial magic from what I presume) but evolved when the pack form tried to resist the spell.

While Worgen can be feral in nature without control, there has to be a balance between both their sanity and their bestial side in order to stay in control of who they are, thus be able to connect to Elune due to her hand in their creation. That’s how I see it at least.

The other way I can regard is that druids that maybe have a stronger connection and understanding of the cosmic can draw their energies from it and use it without risking becoming addicted to it, like arcane.

I could ofc be taking bogus here, but that’s my view on the matter.

1 Like

I thought some Worgens worshipped Elune because of their close proximity to the Night Elves? A lot of Worgen lived in Teldrassil before it burnt, learning the ways of the Druid there.

Either way, from my understanding, is that astral magic is magic used by Night Elves because of Elune and her connection to the moon, which leads onto the balance magic. I’m not sure, but it might be where the idea originated from and then developed into a branch of Druidism. There have been good suggestions for branches to look at :slight_smile:

I recommend following the suggestions above and then ofc keep in mind that some Worgen Druids might have a connection with Elune. I don’t think it’s farfetched at all for RP.

1 Like

I replied to another thread somewhere else on this topic before; the lore is awfully lacking around balance druids. Nevertheless, you can draw some assumptions based on the nature (pun intended) of the spells used; EG, a “balance” of arcane spells (astral magic, Moon magic) and nature ones.

The balance here is as tedious as the balance kept by discipline priests; arcane magic relies on order, meticulous planning and execution whereas nature draws from communion therein. Thus I could easily imagine a balance druid forced into developing a deep understanding of both aspects and how order is present in nature, and how natural communion and flow can be brought into the arcane.

But that’s just a theory, as I marked. Nothing firm / lore-confirmed.

3 Likes

While the worship of Elune would most likely have risen amongst Worgen since their integration into Kaldorei society, and Goldrinn being their most prefered diety, given that Elune’s magic is what directly caused the creation of the Worgen, as such they would have a natural connection to Elune as well as the Emerald Dream.

Also I appreciate the help!

1 Like

Hello friend, found something that may be of use to you … in an unlikely place. The Suramar questline.

i.gyazo.com/0dca131e16b3610c8de97aba61bb0bc8.png

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.