Banned acc and transmog

Hello I want to know if im banned on my main account and then make a new account on the same battle.net. will i be able to use all transmogs, mounts etc on characters for that account? Asking for classic wotlk/cata when it goes live. I think last time you had to login on all characters to unlock transmogs if I remember it right?

It would be considered a new account even if its on the same bnet probably

Seeing as we’re currently on the old Transmog system you will have to log into those chars to “unlock” the transmogs in their bags/banks etc.
So, probably won’t get anything from your banned account.

2 Likes

Thats what i thought

Yes but you’ll need to put in an EU data request. This basically forces Blizzard to log onto your banned account and every character to scrape the data. This in turn unlocks those mogs in your collection. Or so I’ve heard anyway, never got a permaban.

It’s ridiculous that it still has to be done this way, I guess an automated system would put a lot of strain on the servers, but why not just put a button on the account page where you could force a scan of all characters?

I don’t have that many characters on Classic yet, but I remember having to log into dozens of character in Retail back in the day…

In TWW for the first time ever they will made an automatic system like this. The first time you log in with any character the system will scan all your characters across all realms to grant any transmog.

Probably we won’t have this system in Cataclysm but given Classic uses the same server and client as Retail with a different set of data there is a small chance this change will be global instead of being Retail-only, like many other things changed gobally (For example: Raytracing, Controller support, LUA API, Filter on Settings, etc.)

1 Like

Why are you allowed to make a new account if you are banned.

This does not make any sense

That’s big trouble on retail, and its like way worse there. Pvpers can use bots to get rewards and dont rly care about bans, since they just need buy 1 more copy of dragons to keep all theyr collections.

Great news, I did not know about this, let’s hope we get it for future Classic releases. :slight_smile:

Does it work for characters on other accounts too?

Transmog collection is sharead accross all your battlenet account (or warband, the new name the battle name account has now in Retail) so it should work on others accounts. But we can’t be sure until patch 11.0 goes live.

Is this like a ticket or? :slight_smile:

I think it’s an option somewhere in your account. Like I say, I haven’t done it myself. But you basically put in an EU data request and wait. It’s all automated so you shouldn’t have to speak to a gm.

Isn’t warband basically something like FFXIV multiclass system except you have multiple characters for that? Isn’t it like you merge several characters into warband and play basically as the warband rather than the character with shared reputation, achievements, bank, etc, but it doesn’t cover your entire account?

I don’t understand that either, but it’s the case with a lot of things on the internet, basically most of the times it’s OK if you make a new account as long as you don’t continue the behaviour that got you banned. Often it’s ok to make a new account and admit you are the same person even if you appealed 3 years later on your old account and still didn’t get it unbanned.

Well, half of the things mortal do doesn’t make sense.

Hey Gnarly, I’m in the same situation and can confirm you get all collections & transmog on your new bnet acc.

Why would you be banned?
Unless you botted or bought gold?

No. Warband is the new name they made for BattleNet Account to encapsulate everything that was already bount to your battle net account or will be in TWW.

In the part that correspond to transmog the collection was already bount to the account but only characters who could use the time were able to learn the transmog (that is how works right now in Dragonflight and Cataclysm). Once TWW is released any character can lear any transmog.

Example today a Paladin looting a Cloth can’t learn the transmog. Only Priests, Warlocks and Mages can. In TWW a Paladin could learn any transmog (except class specific ones). And the same for any other class.

But only Priests, Warlocks and Mages are able to use that transmog. That won’t change.

Because this is a change in transmog adquisition rules it implies that Blizzard should make a initial scan of every character to grant any transmog from quest rewards and items already in the bank. This scan up until now required the player to log in with every character at least one for the scan to run. In TWW the scan will be improved so the first day it will scan all characters from the player’s battle net account or the warband.