Battle for Nazjatar/Zone Lag — Unplayable

I get an fps drop in Ashran, about half or more when the two sides meet - and ofc things can get sluggish at times. When I am not near a lot of players, I don’t get issue. Tho Ashran does seem worse for me than other epic bgs.

So that’s interesting that you get lag as soon as you enter bg. Sounds like for you, same issue as Devinee describes. But good to go through the support process, as that can potentially help or rule out causes.

Nazjatar battle is still a sh!tfest for lag
I play as horde and with warmode on, i hardly see alliance ever. but then the battle starts and/or we are sharded with a “big” group alliance.
instant lag, everything takes 2-3 seconds which is enough to make it unplayable.

Latency is not the problem, still 17/18
FPS is still good.

it’s only nazjatar

Every now and then

1 Like

Because of all the data collection addons in the zone collecting data, and flooding the network before reaching Blizz’s server, potentially made worse the greater your distance from server. Only solution is to move closer to server according to blizz.

But why don’t they just disable data collection addons in nazjatar battles? I don’t get unplayable lag, and maybe not enough do, to make it worth affecting all players with these addons, when only a minority suffer the problem for a short period.

And it’s also in dungeons and everywhere else as i can no longer alt tap play warcraft 3 as i used to.

Unsure what the event is.

It gives the announce, then the game lags for a bit (I guess several alliance raid groups jump in). Then you get 5 announces that alliance has taken the points.

All this happens in the time it takes me to actually mount up due to the lag. Luckily it ends after 2 minutes when the event ends due to alliance winning, but not sure what the intend of this is?

1 Like

Because blizz needs something to blame.

I was also thinking, even if an addon is not syncing with other player’s addons - if X number of players have same addon, such as recount, it’s possible that if that addon causes problem for one player, other players with same addon could have same issue, regardless of syncing or not. Because all with that addon could experience same performance issue, depending on variables. Explaining some but not others complaining of lag in zone chat at same time.

Would be interesting if players that experience lag see any improvement when their addons are 100% disabled. If they still get lag, the syncing addons of other players still makes sense.

I was in naz battle yesterday, couple complaints of lag, none for me. Why. Addons?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.