Battle Net keeps refreshing the Hearthstone Update

My Battle Net Application (on a Windows PC) keeps trying to update Hearthstone but instead of actually doing the update seems stuck on the “Initialize” and “Gathering data indices” steps.
It retries constantly and once in a while I get an error message prompting me to relog as an Admin. Trying that does not help however.
I had the same problem a week ago but Blizzard seems to have fixed it then. Now with the new patch it is back and there seems to be nothing I can do about it.

1 Like

The steps below will usually resolve this issue, please give these a try.

1. Update or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.

2. Delete the Battle.net Tools folder to automatically rebuild outdated or corrupt files.

3. Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.

4. Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.

Nope, none of that helped. These are the same tips I found and tried from the application itself.
It seems clear to me that this is not a problem on my end, considering I am neither the only person this happens to and it is also not limited to Hearthstone.
People in another thread are discussing a similar issue with the WoW client.

Furthermore this problem already happened last week BEFORE the new patch until you fixed it.

Edit: 20.11. Still Unresolved! Almost a week of no progress.
Edit: 22.11. Still nothing.

yes i keep having the same problem as well. when prepatch released i had it on WOW as well but now its just HS that keeps doing it every time i close the app or enter wow and it is veryyy annoying. come on blizzard.

1. Its a 1 year old thread. The original poster is very unlikely to be around anymore.
  2. These are the forums for World of Warcraft. You should be posting in the Heathstone forums, as your problem relates to a Hearthstone update.