Battle net Launcher Newer version detected

I get this message since this morning.

When the Launcher starts I get a smaller window that says:

We’ve detected a newer version of Battle.net than the one you’re attempting to launch you may need to fix your shortcuts.

My Problem is, this also happens when I start this from the Win 11 Menu and I have NOT installed any new Battle net. There are only 2 executables in the Directory where it has always been installed since I have this computer… I always use the launcher one…

What is this and what can I do ? I could deinstall and reinstall… but I don’t understand where this message comes from?

Any info on this from the few Techies here at Blizz Forum, please?

edit I see a new version here: C:\Program Files\Battle.net\Battle.net.14647
with the date from today, but there is no executable… all the old one have been there since before… and have no new timestamp…

15 Likes

The same is happening to me.
I do see 2 folders in the main executable folder:

• Batlle.net.14589
  • Battle.net.14647
1 Like

I am getting the same message since last night. Would be good to get a blue tell us how to fix it :slight_smile:

1 Like

me too guys pls tell me how fix this problem

1 Like

Try turning on the game directly from the folder where it is installed. Battle net doesn’t even have to be turned on.

Friend was running it this way when a week ago when there was a bug with a 157 mb update that a large number of people were downloading at 20 kb/s. He could play without this update btw.

1 Like

You can still launch the game even with that message pop up, it will ask you if you want to launch battle net with latest version. This does not prevent it from happening again but you can play normal. Using the game direct from the folder will not run battle net so you will not have friends list or other battle net related info available during play. Hopefully blizz can fix this annoying pop up soon :slight_smile:

The fix is:

go to the top-LEFT of this page > click on Blizzard logo > go to the top-RIGHT of the Blizzard page and click on ‘Download Battle.net’ > once ‘Battle.net-Setup’ has downloaded, open it and say ‘Yes’ to the Windows UAC security pop-up

Here’s a link to the US forum post where I found this solution:

11 Likes

The fix is:

go to the top-LEFT of this page > click on Blizzard logo > go to the top-RIGHT of the Blizzard page and click on ‘Download Battle.net’ > once ‘Battle.net-Setup’ has downloaded, open it and say ‘Yes’ to the Windows UAC security pop-up

Here’s a link to the US forum post where I found this solution:

Just FYI, you don’t need to uninstall your current version of Battle.net before doing this.

8 Likes

edit: Make sure you have closed your battle net app before starting the reinstall…

even though this worked and fixed my problem… it should not have happened at all…

3 Likes

Thats lovely, except…
Its been “downloading” at 0kb of 2.4Mb for 45 mins now.
I guess theres a lot of people trying to re-download it.

So glad I moved on to “other games”, because Blizzard is just getting worse and worse and worse.

3 Likes

It worked. Thanks.

this has been happening to me for months on and off
plus the extremely long wind up time classic wow needs to start up sometime
reported these issues multiple time thru bug tracker, got nothing back

acblizz literally unable to launch a 20 years old game, nevermind actually support it

Why doesn’t Blizzard fix this? Thank you all customers who gave a solution to this annoyance.

God bless your soul, i cant find solution for this problem for hours - and your advise worked!

God bless your soul, i cant find solution for this problem for hours - and your advise worked!

1 Like

Guys, the Battle.net DID update, that’s why we all keep getting the warning that the new version has been detected.
The problem is that it didn’t extract itself properly, it’s a bug and I hope that Blizzard will react fast (they should already fix it!)
There’s no need to download new version, reinstall, or whatever.
So, our new version can be found in our Battle.net folder, and under .extract subfolder.
For example, if your BNet is installed on D partition, in Blizzard Games folder, the path should be like this:
D:\Blizzard Games\Battle.net\ .battle.net\ .extract

If you don’t want to do it manually, you can simply go to your BNet folder and search for Battle.net. Make sure your view is set up to details, and under “Modified” tab you can see the latest version of Battle.net.exe and Battle.net Launcher.exe.
You can test it and run it from the search window and if all is okay you’ll get notifications about latest updates. Create a shortcut for your desktop and you’re all set!

I hope this helps!

P.S. Looking forward to hear from Blizzard. /tap

Overlord

1 Like

I also got this pop-up for a week or so. I shrugged it off, since I was able to access the app normally despite the message.

But today, the b-net app wouldn’t start at all. It has been stuck on launching the app for hours. Trying to reinstall the app as admin and with anti-virus etc disabled, and it’s been stuck on “updating battle.net… 86%” for a while now.

Been trying to log into the game through wow.exe as well, but upon login, it asks for authenticator verification code, without sending me any.

1 Like

The launcher issue is still happening. My WoW is also getting a 200mb update at 20kb/s for whatever reason.

1 Like

This has happened again.
Downloaded and reinstalled the Battle.net app (didn’t uninstall previous version) and it fixed it.

2 Likes

For anyone still having this problem, I think I’ve solved it. I looked in the Battle.net folder and found two folders: Battle.net.14752 and Battle.net.14758. I removed 14752 and another laucher app appeared entilted ‘Battle.net.launcher’. I removed the old exe file and replaced my old shortcut with the new one one and now it loads properly.

1 Like