Battle.net launcher

So, logging in works fine enough. That screen shows up, once I log in though, I am met with an entirely white screen. I’ve deleted battle(dot)net from ProgramData As well as Blizzard Entertainment. I’ve also disabled Hardware Acceleration. None of these things work.

I’m also running the latest version of my OS and the latest drivers.

Running Linux, by the way.

1 Like

I have the same problem since the last battle.net launcher update today. I am on the newest drivers and the newest version of DXVK. I can play the game by running the WoW executeable directly but this stop working when there is a game update.

Kernel: x86_64 Linux 5.2.20-1-MANJARO
Uptime: 9m
Packages: 1165
Shell: bash 5.0.11
Resolution: 3840x1080
DE: Xfce4
WM: Xfwm4
WM Theme: McOS-MJV-Dark-XFCE-Edition-2.3
GTK Theme: McOS-MJV-Dark-XFCE-Edition-2.3 [GTK2]
Disk: 26G / 462G (6%)
CPU: Intel Core i5-6440HQ @ 4x 3.5GHz [52.0°C]
GPU: GeForce GTX 960M
RAM: 3359MiB / 7861MiB

2 Likes

Yes, it happened after I restarted battle.net after it updated.

1 Like

According to the logs there is this error message:

Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 373
1 Like

This workaround helped me:

go to /drive_c/Program\ Files\ (x86)/Battle.net/ and rename (delete) Battle.net.11537 . The older battle.net-app version (11474/11512 or something) should then load when you start and it should work. It will “update” Battle.net-app to the new version again, however you can keep repeating this.

source: reddit u/IngeniousDox/

5 Likes

I’ll try this tomorrow. Provided a proper fix has not yet been made by that point. Thanks for the workaround, though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here, using lutris on linux, launcher does not work since last update. Us forums confirm this too. The workaround works, but hopefully it’s just a bug that will be fixed soon.

This is why I love running Linux, sure there are bugs and quirks when you run non native games - but there is always a small army of people trying to work it out.

I came here specifically to post this solution only find somebody already had <3

2 Likes

Here are some news to fix the issue without downgrading the launcher posted in the US Forum:

Chuster US Forum

A supposed solution to fix this entire problem was found on the lutris forums to fix the problem without messing with the folder and without bypassing the launcher. If someone could test and report back that would be great. (I’m still reinstalling.)

You need to add the following two libraries to your wine configuration: api-ms-win-crt-private-l1-1-0 and ucrtbase.

How-to: Right-click the game and select “Wine configuration” then go to the Libraries tab and add the libraries from the drop-down.

6 Likes

Thanks for that info Whoopsy, works fine.
Added those 2 to the libraries overrides and battlenet launches and allows me to update.

For those not using lutris. Open a terminal and type winecfg to add api-ms-win-crt-private-l1-1-0 and ucrtbase.

4 Likes

Getting the same error, windows 7 user, can log in wow just fine but the battle net launcher doesnt work just white screen

Works like a charm

This helped to resolved my case.

Thanks for the tip.

1 Like