Battle net-setup.exe is not valid Win32 application

Hello, I’ve recently reinstalled my windows 7, I should note that it isn’t original copy. When I download battle net-setup.exe and click to open it I get this message ; battle net-setup.exe is not valid Win32 application. Following that I’ve installed drivers for my PC, I’ve followed all steps that Blizzard technical support instructed me to do and after all that the problem is still here. Is it the problem in windows? Lastly,I’ve run unoriginal copy of Windows 7 before and I could play the game. Do I have to spend additional 100 Euros just to play WoW?

I doubt it has anything to do with you using pirated copy of Windows. Most likely something else is wrong (eg. you have some antivirus causing issues).

Obviously if you downloaded Windows from bad source it might be infected with malware causing issues, too.

1 Like

Heya Doktoress,

This often indicates that the downloaded installer did not download correctly. Please go through all the steps listed in the Connection Troubleshooting Support Article (make sure to go through the Advanced Troubleshooting steps as well), and try again with a newly downloaded installer.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

1 Like

When I run my antivirus it says that there’s no viruses.
Also I’ve done all the steps that are listed in the Connection Troubleshooting, but I still can’t run battle net-setup.exe.

Did you try with a freshly downloaded installer Doktoress?

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

What anti-virus you have? Bitdefender has had lots of problems recently with WoW and BattleNOTALINKnet launcher even when disabled so if you have it I would suggest uninstalling it and trying installing launcher without it and finding alternative AV.

And as the blue above said make sure to redownload the installation file in case the file is corrupted.

Maybe you are trying to install 64 bit version of program on 32 bit version of system?

First of all, thank you for replies and will to help!
I’ve tried to download new installer but the problem is still here.
@Grelier
I’m using AVG anti-virus program.
@Essential
I have 64bit based system, I’ve checked.

Also, intrestingly, I have similar problem when trying to download other Blizzard games. Wow-setup starts to download but approximately at 1.5mb it stops, I have to try multiple times to finally succeed, it is the same when I try to download Overwatch.
I really don’t know, I will maybe try to install different version of windows, maybe this one is just corrupted as Grelier mentioned above.
Cheers!