Battle Pets Capacity Limits

Greetings,

I recently got back into collecting miniatures after a long time, and encountered a very frustrating feature - the 1000 miniatures maximum capacity. I personally believe it is unnecessary to have such a feature in the game, when there are more than 1000 unique pets existing in game. I managed to reach that line, and am now unable to collect any more pets. My understanding is that I now have to spend a good portion of time on pet battle world quests (that sometimes don’t even give the pet charms needed for purchase of the item) in order to increase the capacity, to even be able to add new unique pets that are in game to my collection. I don’t particularly enjoy battling with pets, and prefer just collecting them for fun, but this feature forces me into pursuing these scarce pet battle world quests should I wish to continue collecting.
I personally have only one of each unique pet, and I cannot comprehend the need for the implementation of this limiting feature whatsoever. I believe it should be removed or instantly scaled to the number of unique pets in the game.
If not possible to scale this feature to the number of unique pets in game or to remove it completely, it would be good to at least see the corresponding item’s cost reduced from the ridiculously high 1000 pet charms to something more affordable and quickly obtainable. I am aware of the Legion pet battling masters achievement that rewards the item to increase the maximum capacity to 1500 pets, but defeating 30 different masters across the Legion zones still takes a very long time, not to mention some of those battles are very hard and often require having specific pets at maximum level.

I hope Blizzard reconsiders this feature and either removes the limits completely or reduces the cost for unlocking more space. Thank you.

6 Likes

Right now, there are 1242 species in the game, of which a couple of dozen are unobtainable - removed, or not available in EU.

Base capacity is 1000.

As you hav said, you can upgrade that to 1500 either by doing battles in BfA to earn Charm currency, or by completing the Legion World Quests. I grant you that waiting for the Legion World Quests to show up can take a long time, but doing them normally, outside the Family achievement, does not require anything terribly special.

You can then upgrade to 2000 by doing battles in BfA to earn Charm currency.

You may not like battles, but I can see that you have reconciled yourself to doing quite a lot of them. You have to, to collect, since about half of all pets can be collected only by battling. You have your Celestials and your Stunted Direhorn - and congratulations on those, because, with the Wicker Wraith, they are the hardest pets to get.

So, as far as I can see, you have put a solid case.

To the best of my recollection, there have been three threads about this before in the Pet Battles forum. There has been no response from Blizzard. I think it is unlikely that there ever will be, at least as unlikely as that they will remove Pathfinder from old expansions, or rep requirements from older allied races. Their feeling seems to be that if you want those things, you need to put in the time to earn them.

I see you’re at your limit right now. I have a lowbie alt I bought bags for who does nothing but hold cageable pets that I have in triplicate or more. I don’t know why I don’t just delete those pets - they’re too cheap to auction - but I don’t. While you’re up against the limit, I suggest you might do a similar thing as a temporary measure to give you some space in your collection.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.