[BCC] Unable to toggle Zone Map need help

Hi,

So I have discovered an issue with my zone map that I have been able to replicate across multiple characters.

The map is placed in its usual place initially when you use the Shift+M (Default) command to show it. However, when you uncheck “Lock Zone Map” option it snaps to the centre of the screen.

At this point you are unable to click anything or mouse move - if you hover over the Zone Map it will display it’s little tab at the bottom right however when you try to click on that to adjust the settings it disappears completely and will not return.

I have tried using commands such as /run BattlefieldMapFrame:SetPoint(0,0) to no avail. When pressing Shift+M I am able to hear the sound effect of the map opening but nothing appears on screen. I have tried adjusting my UI scale to look for it in the corner of my screen but cannot see it.

I am using no UI mods which rules that out; I have replicated this across multiple characters as it appears to be character specific.

Should I just give up and reinstall BCC?

1 Like

I’d start by running the repair tool from the launcher. If it’s still messed up after that I’d report it via the in-game bug report tool, if you haven’t done so already.

There’s a wtf file that should contain the locations of all moved base elements (I’ll find the name when I’m at my comp) you could try deleting them (the character specific ones) or removing the lines that alter the zone map.

[added]
File is different than the one I initially thought. It’s Blizzard_BattlefieldMap.lua located in the individual character’s SavedVariables folder.

Running this script and reloading/relogging should unbrick it. But reinstalling would also work since the SavedVariables/WTF folder would get deleted

/run BattlefieldMapOptions = nil

I’ve reported this as a bug

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.