Beast master problems

there are lot of people that just want to tame a lot of pets and want to be able to summon them , but with beast master we’re limited in the number of tamed pets like wtf make us tame all the creatures in a system like pet battles and mounts and stuff , why i’ve to abandon my old pets just to tame another new beast in a new released map/ expansion .

Also just imagine if the beast we tame will actually keep its abilities that it had before it was tamed , well that’s a dream far to reach in wow ,

this new system of every pet do the same thing like the other ones in its family type sucks honestly ,
at least before there was a pet that revives , one that lusts one that heals but now basically all the pets do the same things and it’s just the “skin” of the pet that’s different ,
i mean basically there’s no difference between exotic beasts and normal beasts ,
and the one that are actually cool and with cool ablilities like that wyvern that breaths fire and the pets that digs underground we’re not able to use them because we can’t use their abilities and kill command or have them beast cleave at the same time :confused:

it’s actually sad to see how all the other games fit the fantasy of a “beast master” right mean while in wow u get to have two beasts take it or leave it ,
the unholy dk and diabolist are more of a beast masters than the beast master .

i don’t care if the class is melee or even cast for 5s , i just wanted to have a class that fits the fantasy of taming and summonig bunch of beasts and people will get to be a real pack leader not like this thing posted lately called “pack leader hero tree” or something ,

i can’t believe i was hyped and waited for months and in the end we got that hero tree,

hopefully maybe in the future blizz will create a new class that only focus on beasts and only beasts and maybe call it zoo keeper or something and rename this "beast master " class to a “kill command class” or let the demonist class team take care of the beast master class

1 Like

I wish they’d gut the entire “pet summoner” archetype for hunters altogether.

I’d rather have one pet I strengthen and support/work alongside with instead of being a demo warlock in mail, with a bendier staff. :unamused:

Blizz have run out of ideas. I hate this zoo playstyle. Revert BM to MoP era and we’re good to go.

3 Likes

the hunter has 3 specs , so i think normally :

• people who don’t like pets at all should play marksman ,
  • people who don’t want many pets to handle but he’s ok with one pet should play survival or marksman ,
  • people who just love taming tons of pets and summoning them should have a spec that makes them able to do that and that spec should be beast master .

The only class that tames beasts is beast master so it’s only fair that we would be able to summon those beasts ,
and beast master should be ‘zoo style’ beacuse its after all u are a "beast " master , if people don’t like handling beasts why play “beastmaster” class then just play other hunter class that doesn’t require beasts ?

the beast master is found basically in every game and have its own fans , it’s not always classified under hunter , but it has the theme of summoning / having a lot of active pets , lot of people love taming beasts and collecting them and love to fight alongside of those beasts , and there’s no other class that makes us able to do that.

Personnaly i started playing wow just to collect pets and pet battles , and sometime match my mount with my two pets and pet battle and i’m not able to do that with demo and unholy ( i’m not much into raids and mythic dngns but i do my fair share in them) so if they take that from us i’ve no reason to continue playing wow xD

Blizzard just made the beast master class as a sacrificial sheep , they made it an easy and simple class for beginners and for people who don’t want to play a hard class so that’s why they will never change anything in the playstyle of it because those people won’t accept any change and want this poor class to be always simple , and u can see them commenting all over the forums

How many pets do you need?
The stable is something like 50 slots.

Then you must be rather new as we used to have a total amount of 3 pets at the worst case and now we have 55 with 5 active pets and 50 in stable.

That is about 1/4 of the different looks in the game right now.

1 Like

I started playing in legion,
There are many cool pets and beasts out there to tame so u want to collect all of them honestly ,
if u aren’t interested in collecting stuff like pet battles , mounts and toys I don’t think u will be interested in collecting pets that’s why probably u won’t care about stable slots

If you just want to collect pets make more then 1 hunter you can make many hunters and have different pets on them to get all the different looks you want if collecting is all you care about.
You do not need to have them all on 1 hunter if you are just collecting.

Remember to get the best pet the Sporebat

yup ofc, that pet is cool , my favorite ones is Vilewing Chimaera with his frost breath ability and the mechanical scorpion

it’s true that this is the only solution we have now , i just stated that there’s no reason behind limiting the pet slot for hunters ,
it’s always nice to have everything on ur main too so that u can customize ur transmo and ur mount and ur pet battle with ur two pets ( though for now i can only do this with the hound pet and mechanical scorpion pet )

The “don’t like pets, play other specs, hurhur” argument has never been, and never will be, any sort of good.

I LOVE playing with pets, which is WHY BM has had a soft spot in my heart since TBC. However since a few years back, and especially this expansion, the core identity of the “Big Red Kitty” (iykyk) has shifted completely into this horrendous budget version of the current demonology warlock- which also lost its identity for this garbage fantasy (boomkins aren’t that far off with recent changes).

The current iteration of Survival feels more like a beast master than said spec, it even HAS talents and active abilities to BOOST the pet damage and KC- The Spearhead line. It’s just too bad SV isn’t as ideal in the competitive scene (speaking from M+ PoV currently).

Which leaves you with Marksman, whom never should have had a pet attached to it to begin with. However someone at this indie company has no clear idea what to do with the spec currently.

Also I think you sincerely would appreciate playing a demo warlock more. From the sound of things, and going by your posts, you want to be a summoner, but enjoy taming different pets. Yet OP have this twisted notion of BEAST MASTER = (beast) summoner. Even circus ring leaders/animal handlers bring out a maximum of 5 animals, preferably less.

• Warlocks has now a lot of pet skins to unlock and customize- and coming expansion are going to make them summon even more clutter (ugh).
1 Like

I still think BM should have become the melee spec and I’ve said it before, SV is more BM than BM is atm. Only real difference between BM and SV right now is that one uses bows and the other uses swords/spears/axes. Old SV was far more different to MM than new SV is to BM.

I have played meele sv a lot and it was fun but because you got so many range abilitys

I still think all Hunter specc should be range
Sv more Poisen trap and avoiding fight playstlye maybe bring better better carmo for SV
Bm atm. Is fitting
An MM no Pet sniper archer

Just bring back pet talents? that way people can either have lots of pets, or one super pet.

1 Like

Bm problems → getting rage whisper in PvP how braindead EZ my specc is… jokes aside

Pets need a update in quality of live

I would need a wa that make a good visible Healthbar for my pet thats show state of CC its in

Blinkstrike so it can teleports small clives and not stucked or run across the hole continent too reach a guy 4y away that stands on stairs

Pet heal Talent down too 1 point for max effect

Pet family chooseable for all pets

Ms effect basic for all pets

1 Like

People are allowed to enjoy different iterations of the spec. It is not for people like you to say ‘you should not be playing this, play warlock if you like to summon’. I personally like the idea of spawning pets in during battle and I want to play as a hunter so this is what I play. Multiple viable options within the talent tree should be the thing you are asking for, not telling people the version of BM they like is wrong.

Adapt and overcome. The very essence of what it means to be a hunter :smiley:

1 Like

By far the biggest BM (and Hunter in general) problem is a lack of survivability. Our DPS is reasonable in almost all scenarios, however in higher keys I feel quite squishy.

2 Likes