Behaviour of test_cameraOverShoulder console variable

I quite like the camera shoulder offset you can set with the test_cameraOverShoulder console variable.

I am just wondering why the offset is always different depending on your mount, vehicle or player model. I would much more prefer it if the offset stayed the same for all these cases.

Who can tell me anything about this?

I don’t know the reason why it behaves like that but DynamicCam has an option to “Adjust Shoulder Offset” for situations like being mounted and using vehicles so that could work for you

Thanks for your reply. I am using DynamicCam already.

The problem is that the offset effect is different for different mounts. It seems that the effective offset depends on how big the mount or vehicle is…

Furthermore, there is not always a particular EVENT that gets triggered when the effective offset changes. So even if you set different test_cameraOverShoulder values for different mounts, vehicles or player models, it is very difficult to get the timing right of when to apply the new value. If the timing is not right, you get annoying camera jerks…

I know all this because I have been working on an addon to fix this. But as I realise how much effort it is, I wanted to reach out to someone who could tell me why the behaviour is like it is and if it could not maybe be solved on Blizzard’s side…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.