[Belf-RP] Thalassian Skyguard 🐲

A new issue of the Skyguard’s Ceremonial Newsletter has been released :

Promotions:

Skyguard Illuriel Goldendawn, dubbed with the Ace name: ‘Ashamane.’
Sky Warden Noviah Linel, promoted to the role of ‘Head Medic’ for her continued efforts in safeguarding the unit’s well-being.

6 Likes

The Skyguard are pleased to see that two more of our fliers have hit their acing with ten kills each! This means that we will be looking forward to organising two acing ceremonies as well as potentially opening up our doors for recruitment once more… watch this space.

In the mean time this week we look forward to attending the Forlorn Orders halloween event!

3 Likes

I think I did this once before, but no matter!

Is it a plane? Is it a bird? No! It’s Dev and his flying elfsies!!
Grab a skynoodle and join them!

5 Likes

Skyguard Aladria Goldenstrider, dubbed with the Ace name: ‘Arcturis.’

Skyguard Tharendys Dawnflight, dubbed with the Ace name: ‘Altairus.’

Hawkrider Gwenifer Shadowsworn, bonded with the Gold-Blue Coldarra.

4 Likes

Today the Thalassian Skyguard casual raiding team that only set out to see the raid together and see how far they could go, have hit ahead of the curve heroic. Under the guidance of our Lieutenant and raid leader I’len, it’s been a ride and we’re so proud of our little raiding team! With only thirty eight wipes under our belt for the final boss, raiding just one day a week we never thought we’d make it! And here we are… So congratulations again guys!

11 Likes

Well done!11!1!!!11!!!

3 Likes

The Thalassian Skyguard family are happy to announce that we are opening our doors once more for recruitment! If you or your friends are interested in the guild and want to arrange an interview or would like to find out more, please contact our recruiting officers: Devontae, AshlĂŠaf & LavellĂĄn. Alternatively, any of our guild members are happy to help answer questions and point you to the right direction. Also see below valuable reading resources about the guild and what we offer!

General Skyguard Info

Terminology

Head Canon

Guilds we work with!

4 Likes

The Skyguard are very happy to announce their first ever Queen Ace is Noviah! Having gained 50 kills total this night! Congratulations.

6 Likes

I better up my game and get some more Kills in…

Love that the Dragonhawk types stuff has been kept in, but I have an idea to chuck at you if you want it, one that is likely pertinent given that ‘Black’ Dragonhawks are on the menu now that they have a 100% drop rate from the boss, not a 1% one for the duration of the ‘Birthday’ celebration of Blizzard.

During the WC games, Dragonhawks had an ability that made them untargettable by Towers, this was largely described as creating a ‘mist’ around themselves. Perhaps the reason the Black breed is so rarely seen, is simply because it is so rarely -seen-.

Think a fantasy world ‘Stealth fighter’. It ain’t the toughest, it ain’t the fastest, but it is ideal for infiltration and stealthy operation, able to shroud itself and almost silent in flight, perfect for reconnaissance and insertion of ground agents.

Just an idea I thought I’d chuck in, as I don’t think we’d come up with a particular breed that was good at that.

1 Like

Brand new issue of the Skyguard’s Ceremonial Newsletter! Promotions

Hawkrider Elzyrn Everbane, bonded with the Gold Hauen. Skyguard Enjae Dawnlight, dubbed with the Ace name: ‘Oracle.’ Sky Warden Noviah Linel, awarded with the status of Queen-Ace.

4 Likes

Some beautiful poetry and art by Enjae of the Skyguard following his journey from finding his Dragonhawk to being aced. Link to his deviant provided.

4 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

Such a wonderful art pieces!

Always great to interact with Skyguard, they are wonderful rpers and really great characters.

6 Likes

Love the Skyguard. Whenever we invite them to stuff they always show up in force. Thank you for helping our little Forsaken guild explore the relationship between the Forsaken and the blood elves in RP. Here’s to more collaboration in the future!

7 Likes

The Thalassian Skyguard 2021 Winters Veil event tradition

The Skyguard are requested once more to help in Farstrider good will by putting up the Winter’s Veil decorations, this time they are aware of a competition happening in Fairbreeze Village for the best decorated building, with a cash prize! Unhelpfully the only decorations the Skyguard can afford are drab and old decorations from many years ago offering little chance of the Skyguard winning the prize even with any cantrips from their Sergeant.

[People start putting out decorations, though one crate is -really- -really- heavy! Another releases a hiccup… one giggles… a fourth even sounds like someone vomiting! The Skyguard open up these boxes to reveal a very drunk collection of unwelcome guests, from the love is in the air notorious Peddlearm, who was tipped off by his cousin thrice removed on his father’s side about the Skyguard being great welcomers of love is in the air, to a very large drunken looking rabbit with a top hat and bowtie, some animated gingerbread men and women with icing party hats and eggnog foam streamers. Stuck upside down from the lighting fixture is a Winter’s Veil Gnome with a big woolly jumper and a face as red as a cherry holding onto an empty bottle of wheal whisky, and a candy cane in his other hand. The Gnome known as Winky peers blearily at the Skyguard as they converse with Peddlearm and tried with all of his might to reach up…or well down depending on your angle to free his foot from the lighting fixture. He sways left, he falls right, he twists and snarls and then with a hiccup of surprise windmills his arms sending the whisky up in the air in slow motion for all to see, spinning and releasing small fountains of brown swell. Winkey yells in a deep low vibrato and points out with his candy cane which sits at a jaunty angle and releases a bright stream of white light that looks awfully like tinsel through the air only to bounce off the bottle and retract slamming into the Skyguard!

The Skyguard find themselves snapped together, shrinking and falling down atop of an open book that flips itself open to the first blank page after seemingly two story entries at the front, to where the blank page has writing begin to appear, reading ‘A Skyguard Winter’s Tale’. Around the Skyguard they can see themselves, much larger than they are, gathering to look down on their smaller selves in a giant cluster. Giant De’vontae can be heard saying “Right! Remember how we rehearsed it, I’ll have no interru-” Giant Elzyrn pushes her way forwards and clears her throat “I think I can make an explosive start, sir.” There is a pause and a possible swear word that we shall replace with the word “For Forks Plate’’ for the sake of keeping this Winter’s Veil friendly as the entire giant Skyguard collective start to talk over each other demanding to be the first to start. It is however an unlikely fellow who manages to quieten the team in the form of the half elf Enjae who yells with a gruff voice “SHUT UP!” The Skyguard giants look over the heads of their mini selves on the book in shock and awe as Giant Enjae grabs the edge of the book roughly and tugs it close to himself so that they can see up his nose as he clears his throat “Shut up- please… And just listen to the story of the Skyguards third Winter’s Veil and how it really goes.”

“Twas the night before Winter Veil, when all through Skypeak,

Not a soul was stirring, not even old Shriek,

Twenty hole ridden flight socks were hung by a break in the wall,

In hopes that their sad state encourages their pay to become more ethical.”

“The Dragonhawks were nestled all snug in their beds,

Whilst visions of burning long hair ran round Ylyndar’s head.

Denalia, Vatheras, and Elzyrn stare on in fear,

Because the Skyguard are being conscripted to the DND frontier,

Weapons at the ready they stood prepared for the job,

Of defeating this year’s evil harbinger Lord Blizzard and his workshop!”

Suddenly the ground beneath the Skyguard starts to shake as Giant Enjae reaches out to grip the corner of the page and begins to lift it up. The little Skyguards can try to outrun the page but it is inevitable as your feet are picked up and you are tossed towards the other page whereupon blots of ink begin to spread forming the image of a sweet little village covered in snow. Where you’d expect the light to dim and for the crushing of the book to finally be the end to the Thalassian Skyguard, instead something unique happens and the Skyguard find themselves standing in that very image with snow falling from an aurora sky upon their red and green topped heads. Red and green topped heads? That’s right, because on their bodies are Winter’s Veil costumes with a badge on their tops beneath their fur ruffles with a ‘class’ and their weapons have been replaced!

The Skyguard awoke in a queer little place,

A village for Gm’s who handle any complaints case,

“Working from home? Now that couldn’t be fair!”

Yelled our poor Lyllithe in quite the despair.

Not a single worker though did they see,

As they traversed the quiet vicinity,

But hark up ahead! Ranthos points with conviction,

As I’len threw shade like it was a drug addiction.

Around the corner ahead there arose some chatter,

Our heroes rallied forth to see metal shatter,

A giant shaped L stood talking to his hammer,

That floated and hit metal with cool glowing glamour

Sharp eyed Sylvariah and Asyra pointed as do all good rangers,

This L was forging bad lore points putting subscriptions in danger!,

The outraged heroes began to grow angered and heated,

This wouldn’t be backed up, he had to be defeated!

Weapons spring forth and spells charge with a flash,

Leaving the Lore forger, like his schematics, on the floor with the trash,

Felicia and Leynwa stood fighting over who got the last hit,

Whilst Illuriel flirted with shadow which is afraid to commit,

The other heroes did search the poor old forger on the floor,

Only for Illuriel to find a pen of vapour to add to their store.

Pick up the pen of vapour which comes with a card, reads the following: “We are aware that this modified pen is not usable as a writing instrument and that occasionally the leftover ink leaks into people’s mouths, but do not worry. It’s mostly nontoxic. Available in all sorts of delicious, sugary flavours that we can market to children! Holding this pen in your mouth and breathing in allows you to project thick clouds of vapour, but don’t worry it’s not tobacco! You can use this to blow vape out to create a shroud around yourself making you immune to damage for one round or use it to blow away an enemy. One time use item!”

“Wait just a minute my dear game subscribers!”

Yelled the L forge master to the distant song of I saw a tiger.

“Before you continue, take this information I impart”

“The ideas that I crafted were from the maker who isn’t as smart!”

Now with a vape pen in the warbands possession,

Our heroes continue with a new plan of recession,

They’d overthrow the lore maker and finally have an expansion that’s good,

Afterall Noviah had always fancied herself a female robin hood.

So the Skyguard continue in their merry Winter’s tale,

With Aladria and Caithalis drunk on cocktails,

Valarmar kicked his feet spinning his arms in the air,

Whilst Sedori punched him in the back and taught Rowyn to swear.

Around the corner they come to a stage,

Filled to the brim with discarded Lore character rage.

Their grim stories forgotten and faces contort,

Their bodies start stuttering and charge with a snort!

With a lively kick from the melee and projectile from the ranged,

The heroes invoke the laws of equivalent exchange.

Pick up some Boots of The High Ground: Item very rare with a card attached.

‘You: It’s over, I have the high ground!’

‘Them: Nuh-uh.’

‘You: Bro, if you try to attack me I will cut off three of your limbs’

{Exactly that happens}

Them: Shocked Owlbear face

Once per encounter you can say, “It’s over, I have the high ground!”, when this happens the ground underneath you rises a few feet for one minute and your performance is impeccable. For years, onlookers will want to see more of you and your adventures. Small print: Does-not-actually-affect-your-rolls-and-really-is-just-a-cosmetic-ego-boost.

Elune reflected on the elves down below,

As they basked in the after battle that gave Gaxxius a glow,

Pushing on they proceed down a tunnel of cogs,

When what should appear but a train from the fog!

Vaelath stormed his way forward to become the driver,

Mal’thadian helped by giving him a hat for a fiver,

Zay’aedis handled the sound of the train,

Whilst Tealeaf was thanked and screamed “NOT AGAIN!”

With a rapid electric vehicle the heroes burst through the door,

As De’vontae took his A stance and picked Aelevie off the floor,

“Attention Cadet and Hawkrider and Skyguard!,

Destroy that lore maker, come on Gaxxius it isn’t that hard!

To the centre platform he waits with his evil redacting,

Go find out who is making this lore and bad voice acting!”

As quickly as comets the Skyguard do fly,

When they come across the lore maker - a giant golden eye!

It’s piercing gaze quivers as it looks at ten screens,

Screaming “REDACTED!” But what does it mean!

With rattling speed black blocks take over,

From the lore that had been written years ago and moreover,

Some of it didn’t make anymore sense,

Than not introducing flying for a guild of air dence.

Who is this geezer whose eye decides our lore’s fate?

Probably someone who’s after Enjae’s title as a cheapskate!

Destroy him they must and attack with a fever,

They’ll not stop subscribers from being a lore believer!

“Goodness gracious my friends you sure did me a help,

My lore making skills were corrupted like kelp,

The man behind it all, the evil hat with the scheme,

Lives down in the frozen corridor where you can escape this dream!”

So down the corridor they went with a sack full of toys,

With presents a plenty for the aviary girls and boys,

And then, in a twinkling, they came across a rune,

If they step on it quickly they’ll get transported to another room!

A frozen corridor is where their final stage is set,

The shops are all shut. Did you get in your bet?

Because here he comes the dreaded man of the hour,

The misogynist beast Lord Blizzard the bell tower.

He looked a little familiar, with his maskless grin,

“You thought you killed me in 2020, but here is the sin,

My tyranny remains, 2021 was my commission!

It’s me, Blizzard covid the true Winter villain!”

So Covid was really a blizzard plan to cover their backs!

As their game railroaded and their lore went off the tracks.

He was dressed in pyjamas, from his head to his foot,

His clothes were dripping with sanitizer that looked more like soot,

He eyes your bundle of toys spilling out from their sacks,

He looks like a politician who got into theatre to rewrite all the acts.

How his burning eyes - they flare, his face how bare!

He still wears no mask and he keeps coughing everywhere,

“I lead the frontier of no vaccines or masks!”

“You can’t stop me now cause my virus is changing fast!”

His droll little mouth was like ships stuck in the suez canal,

They chomped and they churned consuming all morale,

His head of his chin was made from shredded legal accusations,

And between his teeth is the stump of the European nations.

He has a fat face and a big podgy belly,

That shook when he sneered, and was covered in hair the size of vermicelli.

He was chubby and glum, and a right dour old virus,

“Sisters to me!” Yelled Zylinea “Pass me the focusing iris!”

It wasn’t a usual battle cheer that they were expecting,

But hey it’s the Skyguard, who were they to start objecting?

And so our heroes did charge with their weapons all raised,

Bad stories and isolation never again! Attack brave heroes and feel the rage!!

Could it be that Covid was defeated and the elves had survived,

But confusion and uncertainty was all they felt inside,

Would it come back stronger again? Refusing to die or to end?

Will there be enough vaccines for both them and their friends?

Will Blizzard start learning how to write their own lore?

Will old friends come back encouraged with more to explore?

All of these questions, spun around in their heads,

Would they still be worried when they wake up in their beds?

But there is hope on the horizon as they look to the skies,

What was that coming ? A plot twisting surprise?

A glowing community, small and atop of a Dragonhawk drawn sled,

Its form’s of a blanket made from memories and friendship thread,

It filled up all the heroes pockets with presents and turned with a jerk,

It’s colourful blanket twisting into a friendly smirk,

As it’s Dragonhawk carriage rose up with a flutter,

And away they both flew but with one more word did it utter,

To a Skyguard Winters tune and Enjae yelling with all of his might,

With love from your GM, we bid you all a Merry Winter’s Veil Skyguard! And to all a good flight!

6 Likes

The Skyguard 2022 wishes you all a happy new year and look forward to sharing more great RP experiences with you all!

3 Likes

In a hot airless room, on a dark and lengthy night, three men stand over a single desk following the return of the Skyguard from Pandaria. One, with raven black hair like ink, stands gesticulating towards a floating scroll and nursing a large tall glass of wine in another. To his left the other two men can be found fighting for space on a dark oak desk crammed with parchment both yellowed and freshly pressed. In part the desk had order, neat piles with carefully filled inkwells, blotting paper and maps weighted on each end with intricately crafted stones. On the counter side of the desk the order becomes haphazard chaos that makes sense only to the elf stooped over it, parchments scatter in wild layers with inkwells spilling over and blots of black staining unused parchment mixing with red wine from several bottles emptied. The two men and the desk were stark in difference; one with hair as bright as amber, mixed with saturated reds and honeyed yellows and the other completely bled of any colour save for glowing purple eyes. The fair-haired man holds a cup of floral scented tea with hands still adorned in battle armour, switching from squatting in front of the desk to standing in review of the single piece of parchment rolled out in front of him.

The room is circular in its foundations and beyond the realms of the clerical nightmare that is the oaken desk spears large marble pillars, grown out from a firepit of smouldering coals. Upon each pillar balances peculiarly large birds’ nests with opaque crimson crystals sprouting out amongst the twigs, indented only by what best can be described as scaled eggs. The heat produced by the fire pit and the glowing opaque crystals causes waves to permeate the air and explains the series of ever-growing discarded armour pieces thrown haphazardly and folded neatly behind the three men.

“Gah! It’s impossible to think in this room! Whose idea was it to put our only desk in this inferno?” The amber haired man exclaims propelling himself back from his stooped position and sending pieces of parchment up in the air and further displacing them.
“I seem to remember it was your genius idea De’vontae when we realised, we had forgot to plan a proper office space in the schematics for the build.”

The pale haired elf replies with a sigh as he grabs at the flying parchment and neatly returns them to his systematic approach to the left side of the desk.
De’vontae’s lips press together in a piercing pucker as his eyes narrow to the pale haired elf, his chair tilts back onto two legs only to slam back down with a long-thrown gesture towards the standing elf on his right.

“The only reason we got put in here is because -Vaelath- encouraged me to spend our money on a secret brewing station to connect to Daena’s inn, I think you’ll find I’len!”
Vaelath turns from his floating parchment and flashes an impish grin “You needed no persuading there Romulo, I merely didn’t discourage the concept.” I’len places a hand over his mouth to hide an amused smile and his laughter caught and muffled by his gauntlet.
“We agreed we would split the task up and it needs to be reported for Cloudsinger’s sake.”
“Yes - for the units sake. This has affected more than just CS at this point, we’ve all spoken about the changes in some of the soldiers. I just wish we had a better understanding of why this is happening.” De’vontae muses his face suddenly sullen and expression grave, leaning back into the folds of the parchment he had been studying.
Vaelath sighs and pushes down the collar of his shirt, a spark of arcane levitating his glass so he may free his hand up and fan at his throat
“We don’t need to understand them at the end, we need to kill them and alerting our command triumvirate about their actions will garden us the support and funding we need to do it before it becomes a wildfire.”

I’len and De’vontae both nod though there is a mutter met by another nod about should have just opened up a bakery. De’vontae grips hold of his quill once more and dips it into the inkwell and begins to write…

"Dear Horde High Command,

I am writing to you in advanced warning of a new threat, known by the High home of Quel’thalas, that has made savage attacks to the aerial Sin’dorei militant force Thalassian Skyguard. This threat calls themselves the Crucible of Purity - a cultist league of radical light worshippers and their devoted followers reaching across many wide races both allied to the horde and otherwise. These extremists have been responsible for many atrocities and act of terrorism in the last six months, from the enslaving of Quel’thalassian creatures, kidnapping and torturing of Sin’dorei people, leading organised attacks against Horde soldiers in Pandaria and the practice of necromancy.

Although they have kept a low profile in recent times, we recently learned that many of their agents have been recruited and groomed into service from across horde military. These renegades have secretly been diverting resources from our recent deployment with the Ashen Bulwark collective into a hidden facility set up in a farm off the shore of the high home. When their treachery was revealed, it became evident that a Sanlayn had been in league with their work and made it so we had to make an emergency exit from the location - however we successfully deployed a nerve agent bomb against the area.

Our valiant forces have skilfully disabled this nearest threat, we however are aware that they are still out there following an unknown figure named ‘The Inquisitor’. Please forward any details you may get matching this description towards our field promoted Blood Warden who will be handling our running with this case following the aforementioned situation.

Signed,
.D.F. ‘Romulo’ Autumnvale
Captain of the Thalassian Skyguard and Farstrider Captain.

5 Likes

In all honesty, the Skyguard’s brass could at best be described as having something of a strained relationship with paperwork. Unhealthy, at times hostile and sometimes? It was downright abusive. In truth, there was usually little the elves wouldn’t rather be caught doing than sit around at their desks hard at work.

And all that was before they’d ever decided to move their office into what must have been the biggest bakery oven in the High Kingdom.

Vaelath let out an exasperated sigh as he fumbled one-handed with the collar of his shirt. He’d thought, with no small amount of naïveté, that an ice cold drink would be plenty enough to sharpen his humours to the point that he could withstand the blistering temperatures of the Hatchery. Oh how wrong he was.

Honestly, he was miserable. So miserable in fact that caught upon the precipice of heat-induced madness-… he’d only caught half of the Captain’s remark on understanding their newfound situation.

“We don’t need to understand them in the end.” the elf almost snapped his response as he dismissed the lightly floating beverage. “We just need to kill them, and alerting our command Triumvirate about their actions might actually garner the support and funding we need to do that before this becomes a wildfire beyond our control.”

As if it wasn’t already. The words rose unbidden into the elf’s mind, and along with them a surge of recent memories. The night he heard the report of Cloudsinger’s loss. The rush of cold panic at his admission to Romulo that he’d consciously chosen not to fly with the mission that night. ‘Absent again. Where were you Cantrip? First Viridel, and now Cloudsing-’ The Arcanist cut off the flow his intrusive thoughts with a shake of his head, suddenly finding himself fighting off a surge of nausea and anxiety that thretened to flood up from depths of his mind. No, he had to focus. Even when the last thing he wanted to be doing right now was to be stood in this glorified smelter, writing a letter to the haughty tool of a Magister that served as Spire contact for the Skyguard.

Yet, he’d had no choice. None of the officer trio did. They had to do this, and as I’len pointed out… They’d all agreed to split up the task. One missive each. Not that Vaelath had been able to secure one of the hotly contested spots at the lone work desk to do it. Instead, he made do with a levitation spell and a manaquill, the very tool that he was directing with swift gestures of his free hand. A dictation that he briefly turned to read over before signing.

Priority notice: To be directed to the office of Thalassian Military Adjunct, Magister Talvaeus Dawnblood.

Dear Magister Dawnblood

I hope this message finds you well. I’m writing to you this day in regards to a new and concerning threat to the High Kingdom, one that offers not only a direct military threat to our home’s borders but a clandestine one as well.

This new threat takes the form of a growing number of radicalised light worshippers. Echoing sentiments of the Scarlet Crusade, this new organisation is highly militant, and has already shown its willingness to engage in open hostilities with the forces of the Horde both at home and abroad. However, this description does not accurately sum up the threat posed by this group.

Our most recent encounter with a component member of this Light-alliance, dubbed ‘The Crucible of Purity’ was during a deployment to Pandaria alongside the Ashen Bulwark. Whilst professing purity of purpose and unwavering faith in the light, this organisation had few qualms with working alongside bands of Necromancers, Voidmancers and most damningly Ren’dorei in order to oppose us in the region. We were able to subdue them in this instance with some difficulty, however the presence of turncoat Farstriders within their ranks during this and other incidents has only stood to expose the true threat these zealots pose to our High Home. A threat from within. In addition to the threat of conversion, a concerning trend has been noted amongst this particular group of worshippers. Specifically, an obsession for life in all its forms. Though, this obsession is often revealed in the bastardised forms of ritual-bred aberrations. These creatures, born of the fusing of beasts with light magic, exist in a form not unfamiliar to the practice known as ‘Lightforging; displayed by the Ascendant Draenei. We have seen these creatures active in the field alongside their supplicants on numerous occasions already, and we fully expect to see them in future engagements.

As for further details. We have thus far confirmed that this particular group seems to follow the direction of an enigmatic figure known only as ‘The Inquisitor’. As far as lieutenants for this individual are concerned, our information is unfortunately limited. We had initially discovered his influence within even the highest levels of Farstrider Command, with Sunhome’s own custodian failing to resist conversion into this cult. As things stand, we do not fully understand the extent to which this rot has spread within Quel’thalas and indeed the Horde as a whole. This cult’s membership is by no means limited to the Sin’dorei, and many races have been drawn into the fold. Quel’thalas is far from their only source of new converts.

And yet, in spite of the above I would assure the Magister that the Skyguard stands ready to oppose this Crucible and its allies wherever they may be found. We will commit every effort to the defence of the High Home as always. Yet, the Command staff of this unit remain concerned that this threat has already spread beyond our means to neutralise it unaided. It is my hope that this missive impresses upon the Magister, and the Spire the importance of this matter. May your response come on swift wings.

Blood for the Fallen.

Signed,

Vaelath Ashleaf.
Sergeant of the Thalassian Skyguard and Arcanist of the Sunfury Spire.

4 Likes

Usually, a mere glance would suffice to show the stark differences in the three elves’ approach… but nowhere was it more evident than in the secluded kiln they called an office. In a haze of arcane, the scattered parchments fluttered to-and-fro, narrowly avoiding the superheated eggs that the building was originally designed to host, while I’len darted in between wild embers, floating documents and mismatched items that had been caught up in the spell, searching for anything that would help strengthen their case. We must get this right.

And yet as the discussion over oven-turned-office overtook their duty, the pale-skinned elf found himself with an odd appreciation for the distraction; for him, it was an anchor, a way to remain grounded even as he felt that all-too-familiar presence clawing at the back of his head. His gaze jumped between Vaelath and De’vontae, maintaining a smile until…

“We agreed we would split the task up, and it needs to be reported for Cloudsinger’s sake."

Cloudsinger. You failed him. Failed them. Failed her. The presence crept up, cold, invasive and deafening. Leap and drown. Drown, drown, drown. Drown yourself to save them.

He leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes, quelling the eerie glow that had blossomed in the meantime. Although in his current condition, the full extent of his comrades’ words were not able to reach him, the emotions behind them - the concern, the anger - felt as though they were permeating the very air he breathed in. In this matter, he was certain they were of one mind: we will get this right. And with a nod, he turned to the task at hand…

Esteemed Rangers of the Enclave,

Be advised that in a joint-operation between the forces of the Thalassian Skyguard and the Ashen Bulwark, an insidious and traitorous foe manifested itself and took root in the very heart of our High Home. In service of the ‘Crucible of Purity,’ this sect of extremists and terrorists were first recognized in the island of Sunhome where the movement was allowed to thrive under the care of Skymistress Dawnrunner and it is our fear that without proper intervention, it will remain a hotspot where the cult can further indoctrinate others.

While the operation proved to be a success in eradicating the aforementioned Skymistress, the true culprit behind this organization remains at large. As it stands, our intel has only been able to confirm their title as ‘Inquisitor’ though we are without doubts that retrieving Sunhome from the clutches of this cult will provide us with more information to continue with our hunt.

With this, the leadership of the Thalassian Skyguard is formally requesting any and all documentation that could be relevant to the aforementioned case, as well as the authorization to move on Sunhome under the guidance of our acting Blood Warden.

I’len ‘Talanas’ Lavellan
Lieutenant of the Thalassian Skyguard

4 Likes