Best dps partner for destro lvling/2vs2

Hi!

I am a player returning after WOTLK.

We start playing with a buddy next Monday.

He is an avid Destro and I’m trying to match spec for him for lvling, the arena and fun on battlegrounds.

I am asking for help in choosing:

Enh - I’ve always liked this class the most for lore, mechanics and generally dynamic game but I read from you that there is no hope for him at the moment …

Fury - my favorite at the moment - I like the mechanics, I know he is strong, I just think that there may be lack of support in the arenas for Destro (no off-heals)

Retri - I do not like his mechanics and lore, although he seems to be the most sensible of the classes I mentioned (good support, strong burst, the possibility of making the target bully together with destro).
I will probably convince him after playing it for a long time if it is the best

DK - after the warrior my second option. I like Lore and Frost visualization better, although I read that at the moment Unholy is much more acceptable, I am not quite convinced by the necessary Breath build for Frost.

I am asking for your opinion, thanks in advance. I’m only interested in the classes I wrote. Alternatively, I could think about Arms also :wink:

Sorry, if I post it on wrong place, however I still cannot post in general discussion.

Honestly, you should go with whatever you enjoy and are able to stick with. Whether the deciding factor for you is gameplay, the visual aspects or lore doesn’t matter. The class needs to click for you.

That being said, if you want an overall best bet, go with a healer. You can support your buddy while levelling as well as you can only seriously push arena with a healer plus DPS comp.

However, if you’re hellbent on a DPS, I’d go with an UH DK. Very tanky and bursty with good control. Synergises well with the play style of destro for a double dps comp.

1 Like

Out of them options, I’d go with enhancer , pala would of been a good pick and dk for passive strength however shaman has famously for a long time held some nice control combos for pvp with lock,

Sadly warrior without a healer is always garbage in arena, it’s just not capable of countering some damage sustained against it if you cant beat up some pressure right away, enhancer is also squishy but you have better control tools to sync with your lock for peels and worthwhile healing

1 Like

Another option if your open to it is mage , mage lock can push to 1800 very easily before you start to regularly face teams that will line you all game. Purely because this comp has the strongest caster control you can ask for and health stones plus food, your capable of doing a lot that way

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, I’m a bit surprised. In that case, do you think that it is possible to play Enhanc in the arena at the moment? Everywhere it has hopeless opinions because of only one defensive cooldawn, like all in style, but there is no more damage than other classes, in addition it is the most squishy of all melee, with nerfed heal.

Aazpha is a master warlock so he knows what he’s talking about.

The thing with enhancer is much like a rogue you have to pick your windows were you can afford to engage combat and play with it in mind you need to not be in firing line sometimes and bail, your not a DK, you cant survive like one

With a dlock you have a lot of control to see you though, both of you can deny healers hard and healthstones helps enh in clutch situations so you can wolf run away.

As with most dual dps comps in 2v2 you want to focus on how to optimise your ability to make goes and recover enough to get a chance after you got some important cds out the way so you can go again.

Rogue mage do so with cc to support a kill then cc to peel damage and avoid during down time on these, if your lock buddy can play as your rock being good at aggressive cc and planting himself somewhere he can free cast cc or death bolts if they focus you then likely you can punish very hard. The games will feel like your game is setting up your lock to get kills more than yourself but honestly that is something enh is good at.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.