Best Dungeon of each expansion

So I’ve always enjoyed running dungeons. Group content that didn’t require hours of preparing and coordination. 5 players against a the world. In the recent expansions it’s been all about M+, which I’ve enjoyed a ton, however there was still something magical about those old dungeons, and the feeling I had the first time i completed them. So it got me thinking, in your personal opinion, what is the best and/or most memorable dungeon of each expansion? Doesn’t matter if it’s from a gameplay/story/sentimental-point of view. I’ll go first:

Classic - Zul’Farrak: That stair gauntlet! especially in vanilla, where people actually wiped.

TBC - Shadow Labyrinth: Don’t know why really. The scenery was just awesome, and the bosses were great.

Wrath - Halls of Lightning: Same as above.

Cata - Well of Eternity: Getting to see a huge part of the WoW lore in person, was awesome.

Panda - Scarlet Halls: Didn’t play much during pandaria, however I’ve always had a strong connection with the original SM dungeons. And the rest of the pandaria dungeons is kinda ‘meh’.

WoD - Grimrail Depot: In M+ it was a nightmare, but the idea of a running train, was awesome and visually stunning.

Legion - Black Rook hold or Vault of the Wardens: Hard one to choose, but BRH for the lore, and VotW for the aesthetics and boss fights.

BfA - Waycrest Manor: Big scary house, different corridors with new routes ever, courtyard, and basement. Also the zone had the overall best story of the expansion.

Shadowlands - De Other Side: Bwonsamdi, Hakkar, Manastorms! Both nostalgic and fun, great boss fights.

Dragonflight - Algeth’ar Academy: I don’t really feel excited about any Dragonflight dungeons so far. However, Academy has a cool layout, and the bosses are fun, yet challenging.

1 Like

Vanilla: BRD. It wasn’t a dungeon; it was a whole menu.
TBC: Shattered Halls. Fond memories of the Trial of the Naaru there.
WotLK: Pass. Least enjoyable 5 mans. Nobody gets a “Top of the Trash Heap” award.
Cataclysm: Throne of the Four Winds, with Stonecore close behind.
MoP: Reworked Scholomance, Challenge Mode.
WoD: Skyreach.
Legion: Court of Stars! I love the improvisation required.
BfA: Atal’Dazar.
SL: Tazavesh: Streets of Wonder.
DF: Algeth’ar Academy.

I didnt start playing really until SL so…

SL - De Otha Side, DoS has some nice fat trash packs and some cool boss fights

DF - Algeth Academy or Nokhud Offencive, again both got soke nice meaty trash pack but i think Academy just edges ahead on the boss fights. I do love Nokhuds idea of a dungeon spanning an entire map that you can fly in though.

Classic: ubrs and lbrs, those were the days.

Tbc: hm, maybe the sunwell dungeon.

Wotlk: uthgarde dungeons.

Cataclysm: Zul aman

Pandaland - legion. Didnt play the content when it was current. And dont want to base my opinion on TW or M+

Bfa: waycrest manor! Best dungeon in the game so far. With junkyard as a good contender.

Sl: hmm, close call between halls of atonement and sanguine depths.

DF: brackenhide hollow or neltharus lair.

All hail waycrest manor! It is by far the coolest dung ever!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.