Best expansion for dungeon spamming?

Hello,

I wonder what’s the best expansion to level up by spamming dungeon finder. I dislike questing in this game and prefer group activities.

I heard some dungeons like the ones from Cataclysm are currently a nightmare. Knowing how scaling is usually implemented, I suspect there are some drastic differences between the expansions.

So, my questions are:

1. Which expansion dungeons give most xp?
  2. Which expansion dungeons are the easiest?

Please don’t troll, I’m not interested in sloughing through levels like on classic, and I’m not interested in questing either.

Thank you.

TBC , TBC and TBC ( yes i’m aware there isn’t a third question but if there was it would be TBC)

1 Like

MoP should be good too I guess.

1 Like

MoP dungeons are super easy (they always have been) and they’re pretty quick to blast through too.

I’d definitely go with MoP or Legion.

2 Likes

How i’ve done 4 min rampart runs , slave pens , blood furnace all sub 9 min runs.

1 Like

Thank you for asking! I am full of opinions on this matter.

What you should really ask yourself is, are you happy to do the same dungeon repeatedly? Because I prefer that I get both the experience bonus of randoming a dungeon as well as that of the local quests, so I abhor any repeats.

If you are like me, then you will probably like Classic (select Cataclysm at Chromie). Classic dungeons come with by far the greatest selection, and each and every one of them has quests. The loot is well itemized; all of this is thanks to the update the dungeons got with Cataclysm. The primary downside is some mechanics have lived on from Classic times, and they can be a bit annoying to deal with (like mobs horny about using CC).

TBC also has a decent selection, and some dungeons are quite conducive to large pulls, for example Hellfire Ramparts and Mana-Tombs. While they all have quests, both rewards and loot can be a bit oddly itemized. Unlike Classic, there’s no guarantee that a quest has a reward suited for your spec. Other times, an item is only good if you bother gemming it.

WotLK I actually haven’t done in 9.0, but I imagine it’s slightly worse than TBC: Same rewards problem, but less “big pull” friendly.

Cataclysm, as you have heard, has harsh tuning. It can be fun, but I very much doubt it it will be fast leveling. No complaints about the item rewards.

MoP is like Cataclysm minus the harsh tuning.

WoD, Legion and BfA all suck in my eyes because these expansions haven’t yet been reworked so that you get the quests inside the instances. Instead, you have to spend hours questing in the outdoor zones to get them. These dungeons will always be grinds.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your answers.

I’ll experiment swapping between tbc and mop dungeons.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.