Best gaming laptop - plz help!

I am not even exaggerating when I say it has now been over a month and I STILL haven’t decided which laptop to buy to run WoW. I am currently using some v.old crappy laptop. This is just primarily going to be used to run WoW. Which would be the best out of these? Any help or suggestions is much much much appreciated

1. MSI bravo 15, and ryzen 7, rx 5500m, 512 GB ssd
  2. MSI bravo 15, ryzen 5, rx5500m, 256GB ssd
  3. Acer nitro 5, an517, i7 9750H, rex 2060, 256ssd
  4. ASUS TUF Blue A15 , AMD Ryzen 7, GTX 1660 Ti, 512 GB SSD

Ty!!!

The best gaming Laptop is a Desktop PC :smiley:

But srsly, #3 is the fastest one but the SSD is too small with 256GB if you want to have more than 2 games on it at a time :stuck_out_tongue:

5500M is kind of low. 5600M in a recent Dell is much better, TUFs aren’t bad but also run hot like majority of laptops (and you can watch Hardware Unboxed videos on blocked ventilation vents in TUFs).

256GB SSD is to low, this should be replaced at purchase by picking different SKU or just picking a different laptop. Some shops offer customization at the time of purchase. Also 16GB of RAM and you are good to go.

And depends on usage you could even run WoW on the Ryzen 4700U laptops that don’t have a dGPU. Lower settings but still works. CPU part is really strong while integrated graphics is much better than anything before. Intel Tiger Lake laptops would be same.

And as Kiyuki pointed out - laptop is always a premium.

What he said.
Seriously, no joke.

Would this be better? ASUS ROG STRIX G712LU

• Intel® Core™ i7-10750H Processor
  • RAM: 16 GB / Storage: 512 GB SSD
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB

I know, I know… but has to be laptop! :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you going to be playing WoW on the move, or is playing WoW a supplemental benefit of having the laptop for other, higher priority uses?

Using it for other higher priority uses but just enjoy playing WoW - it literally only has to run this in terms of gaming

Should it be lightweight or does it have to handle video processing / streaming / ML, code compilation, or just general usage with lots of chrome tabs? :smiley:

Like you can go with that ROG laptop unless you want to optimize the pick more and more (also check exact review, like on notebookcheck to see if the model doesn’t have any disadvantages you don’t want to see).

Thank you for the help! It is for photo editing, but not video, and general usage with lots of chrome tabs :stuck_out_tongue: I currently have a MacBook air so being light would be preferable. I am looking at the ROG G14 now.

Zephyrus line is nice. This week supposedly XMG will announce that they will offer Mechrevo code 01 and or s2 air - non dGPU lightweight models with 4800H. They also have one with RTX 2060.

I recently bought a new Laptop (ROG Zephyrus S GX502GW) with these characteristics:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-9750H
Memory: 16GB SDRAM DDR4 2666MHz
VGA: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2070 - 8GB VRAM GDDR6
SSD: M.2 NVMe PCIE 3.0 of 1TB

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.