Best graphic settings for WoW?

I have 32inch monitor,ryzen 5600x,palit 3060ti,16gb 3200mhz ram,samsung 500gb evo plus mz ssd,msi b550 tomahawl m.board. I play the game 2560x1440,100% and 0.85.
What would be the advanced seeting looks like? Dx12 or 11 or 11 legacy,16x anisotropic is good?triple or double buffer? I have very low fps at tazavesh and sometimes the gamm lagg until i slash /reload.

Go with recommended settings, why?!..the game recognizes your PC hardware.

And use raytracing for 60fps max? :smiley: sure

Raytracing isn’t even worth it with WoW.

1 Like

This is your potential bottleneck, what is your monitor’s specs in regards to refresh rate (Hz)?

On my end my RX 590 runs WoW on highest graphical settings without issues.

1 Like

how the monitor can impact pc performance lol?

Not performance per se, but a monitor with refresh rate set to/limited at 60,000 Hz won’t give more than 60 FPS anyway.

Max everything except raytraced shadows. Play with advanced settings and see what you think looks good, but in general the lower on the dropdown menu, the more costly the setting is in terms of fps. You can probably max them anyway.

Never drop back to a lower version of DirectX, why would you?

True, but a game nailed to 60 fps unwaveringly does feel pretty slick. I’d find it hard to say that more fps would really help.

Will give but wont physicaly show if u have vsync off

Depending on the amount of addons you use, they can literally half your fps. Things like threatplates, especially with lots of information loaded on really tank the FPS. And with a 32" monitor, I can’t imagine you playing with the default UI, as things will be way too far off to be seen. Try doing a run without addons - although monitor is a bit too big for that - and check performance then.

With your machine you should be able to put everything up to the max, except raytracing, and have no issues whatsoever.

Dx12 if it doesn’t cause graphical glitches is better than Dx11.

Anisotrophy/buffering settings shouldn’t matter.

SSAO settings should be on their 2nd highest, as the highest has really big performance impact without improvement on the image quality. Also use CACAO for the ambient occlusion, it’s really nifty.

Most people I’ve seen complain about WoW’s performance have way too many addons and those just tank the performance.

As others have said, your fps is limited by your monitor’s refresh rate, no matter what things like MSI afterburner may say. The refresh rate is basically the FPS of the monitor, and a game cannot surpass that. So if you want 120 FPS, you need 120hz refresh rate. If you want 144 fps, you need 144hz refresh rate. In fact, the monitor refresh rate is one of the reasons why some can’t see a difference between 60 and 144fps - on a 60hz monitor, they look exactly the same. If you try 144fps on a 60hz monitor, the monitor will still only refresh 60 times a second and all the extra frames will not be displayed.

However, if you’re getting visible lag, that’s not from the monitor. Some TVs with smart features CAN cause visible lag that comes from the screen, but a normal monitor won’t do that.

1 Like

No, that is not correct in relation to what I wrote. The game gives as high FPS as the GPU can feed out, hence why I mention the monitor as potential bottleneck. It doesn’t matter if the GPU feeds the monitor with 300 FPS with vsync disabled as long as the monitor isn’t capable of higher refresh rate than 60,000 Hz, effectively reducing that sweet 300 FPS to a mere 60 FPS on the screen.

Its what i meant by physicaly unable :stuck_out_tongue: . Yet as i understood op has different issue and i believe its a game flaw becuz i andy mates had the same fps drops in tazavesh

Which would be correct if it wasn’t for my focus on the monitor rather than the GPU. :stuck_out_tongue:

Then you replies with the following implication given the context of my post above:

which is wrong. A monitor doesn’t “give” more than it “physically can show” anyway due to it’s refresh rate limitations, regardless of how high the reported FPS from the GPU is with vsync disabled. :stuck_out_tongue:

Was adressed to entire setup tho

aoc monitor and 144hz

I play on a laptop with everything on lowest settings to reduce power consumption! Energy costs have rizen so high all because of Putin and Covid19!!! I can play M+ and lfr without a problem.

120 hertz moniter = 60 fps 240 hertz moniter = 120 fps and so on ,
the moniter governs what fps you get no matter what graphics settings you choose

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.