Best legendary for fire pvp?

Is it firestorm or fevered incantation. Is firestorm proc rate good enough to warrant using it?

Wouldn’t bother with Firestorm, it looks nice but you can only realistically throw out 3 Pyroblasts over its duration and it’s proc rate is pretty low at 1.66RPM, it’s a little too random to get the full use out of it.

You can get the Fevered Incantation legendary and the Infernal Cascade conduit to massively amp up your Combustion burst, which is probably best for PvP.

1 Like

Multi shield is apparently the only real choice

1 Like

I was afraid that Triune Ward would be BiS xD

1 Like

Triune ward is definitely BiS. The higher your rating gets, the stronger it becomes.

Pressing conflagrate gets you instantly purged. Triune can buy you 2-3 GCD’s to actually dump your damage. It’s also amazing how useful having the slow on melee who auto attack you (from ice barrier) and reduced CC duration from Arcane ward. It’s genuinely night and day.

2 Likes

OK thank you guys for this info. I’m making Triune ward as my next leggo :smiley:

That’s why I always come to forums with whatever ails me… guides are one thing, but forums always have some additional info and insight!

Uber Livelord :wink:

Triune Ward is the way to go.

If you really want a damage legendary I’d strongly advise against using fevered incantation in favour of Grisly Icicle.

Fevered has to be ramped up, only affects crit damage, and is bad for stacking haste. Essentially you’re only ever going to have 5 stacks of it during combustion windows, which makes you even more reliant on combustion for damage(which is a very bad move. One purge and you get completely countered). Outside of combustion you’ll get 2-3 stacks and then it’ll instantly get removed at the next noncrit.

For comparison, grisly icicle increases noncrit and crit damage by 15%, lasts for 8 seconds and doesn’t get removed if frost nova breaks/gets dispelled. Frost nova is on a 30 sec cd, allowing you to have that 15% dmg increase quite often. Sure, the nova gets broken on friendly players damage, but the damage bonus remains and its incredibly powerful with a healer partner or in solo situations. Hell, you can even take the double nova talent just so you can have a higher uptime on that damage increase. Essentially you don’t even care if your nova breaks, you just want the 15% damage. Overall its far more versatile than fevered ever will be (usable as all 3 specs). Fevered is only good for PvE.

1 Like

That’s some insightful post. thanks bro

2 Likes

best legendary is reroll boomie to get grouped

1 Like

Until you see fevered incantation 11k meteor crits… Not to mention the rest a certain mages kit has now got a 36k combust burst sure it’s in YouTube already

I actually think that’s fine as you need to set it up so this is not a nerf I’m all for huge bursts

Second conduit is going to add another 6% in pyro dmg soon too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.