Best murloc for battling?

This may sound a bit odd but I’ve been really curious, from all the murloc pets we’ve had from the original Murky to the latest Finduin/Gillvanas ones, what are the best/most effective ones to actually battle with?

The couple of people I’ve discussed it with so far have said Murkalot. Interested to know what others say here.

Murkalot. BUT ONLY when combined with an extreme AoE move, like BfB’s Armageddon, or TCS’s Twilight Meteorite. (Or Graves, back when Graves Ruled Da World). Without that, he’s an undistinguished Tier 3.

I didn’t buy any of the others, so I really can’t compare with those ones. I suspect that with a carefully chosen comp and informed play, Finduin/Gillvanas can also be pretty devastating, again using resurrected BfBs or other AoE to clean up at the end of a battle.

Squirky is a fairly common and useful pet in PvP and PvE.

1 Like

Murkalot is the best by a long distance due to RI.

Knight-Captain Murky/Legionnaire Murky are second due to Shieldstorm.

Probably Finduin/Gilvanas as the Rez has some meme potential.

Then the rest are all fairly average to poor.

Now I’m wondering what the poor ones are :thinking:

Does anyone bother categorising any but the good pets - or anything else, like “who were the 10 worst boxers in history?”

Take yer pick. From a quick look, none of them are outstandlingly terrible but IIRC there are a couple that are let down by their stats/breeds

You should probably put them in your Tier List then. I see Squirky makes it in T3, which I think most would agree with. I don’t rate Shieldstorm that highly myself, since one AoE negates it entirely.

I was only listing Blizzcon Murlocs.

Stuff like the Darkhunter and Coast runner would be options outside the Blizzcon Murlocs.

In fairness yeah I was thinking of the Blizzcon/promo murlocs.

Does anyone know what Murkablo/Grunty/Deathy are like to battle with?

Murkablo I would use scorched earth on it along with another pet that has plagued blood. Ghost maggot would be a fairly solid choice.

Grunty could work with a speed debuff pet so it could use rounds, shield block and launch effectively.

Deathy is fairly similar to Murkablo.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.