Best populated realms for Alliance

What would you recommend? I’m considering leveling few alts on popular service with possibility of finding a guild for M+ runs.

This gives you a pretty good indication of realm populations.

https://raider.io/realms/eu

However do remember in TWW realms will become irrelevant and we’ll be able to join guilds anywhere.

1 Like

I used this when I created my horde characters, looked good on paper, but it came out as most of population are Hungarians on my realm…

Well rp realms like argent dawn are always a save choice

1 Like

Silvermoon FTW!

1 Like

Silvermoon is the biggest in terms of numbers, but Argent Dawn is also pretty large with it’s Alliance population *(you don’t have to RP there if you don’t want too, just respect others who are RPing, within the game and don’t spoil their enjoyable – goldshire is now a myth.

2 Likes

That was always the case i think they just pretended not to know about it lol.
Had a char on AD liked it myself was kinda cool to see the people RPing around town made the game feel more alive and loved that chat wasn’t spammed by bots. I say wasn’t as i logged onto my old OG char still on AD to check the /played. Sadly the trade chat is exactly the same as Silvermoon just non stop bots spamming boosts. I thought they had a GM or somethingon AD to stop all that spam but sadly no.

1 Like

Yeah no matter the server it’s pretty bad. Apart from when you play on a faction, which has a very tiny population, then the trade & service chat is dead as the bots don’t get any action from that.

Blizzard needs to just outright ban all the service stuff, as it just makes the game fill that it’s full of bots. Especially if you’re a new player, make a character and go into one of the cities and boom, your chat is just flooded with services spam.

2 Likes

Yeah there is no way of knowing that kind of thing in advance. Though I would say that’s a medium pop realm rather than a high one.

Realms also change, my very first realm was Dunemaul and it ended up being nicknamed Turkmaul because of the huge influx of Turkish players. I have no idea what it’s like now. It’s a pretty dead realm.

Now I just stick with the high pop realms. I did have my Horde on Draenor and my Alliance on Silvermoon but I have slowly migrated/rerolled some them to Draenor as they can all be in a guild together. It will take a long time before they all move and TWW will remove much of the need to move any more.

Most guilds are a mix of both factions these days.

I will probably try AD if I will be able to make some name that is not taken and in terms of TOS for rp

I wish this would be already a thing( sad we have to wait so long.

1 Like

Just to note about Silvermoon; when the realms are down or when their are server errors, Silvermoon is usually one of those that takes longer to come back, just due to the amount of players.

Both Silvermoon and Draenor (Silvermoon’s Horde equivalent) fall into the boat of taking longer to restore.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I have a related question: I’m on Ragnaros (90% Horde server), yet for years out in the world there have been consistently many more alliance players than horde players. In shadowlands, and now in DF, no difference.

For example, horde could hardly get any world bosses in zereth mortis, and now I’ve won probably 1 PVP chest for months.

Why is that? Are horde players PVE-oriented, so they don’t turn on warmode? Or is Ragnaros in a server cluster with some high population ally realms?

Silvermoon, Sylvanas, Ravencrest and Argent Dawn are all highly populated Alliance servers.

Server doesn’t matter any more for joining guilds because they’re cross faction. (I have an alliance character in a primarily horde guild on Draenor, for example.)

Most of my WoW life has been on Ravencrest, which is high alliance and doesn’t seem to suffer from the same issues during high traffic as the really big realms such as Silvermoon and Draenor.

That is simply not true… I also play on Ragnaros, there are almost no alliance players. You can see the difference in trade chat or in the city… its Hungarian realm, so maybe you have problems finding people in English. It’s also not as big as it seems

Btw, thank for advice, guys I choose Argent dawn. Only took 40 minutes to find a name that wasn’t taken… Thanks to chatgpt…

1 Like

Silvermoon / Ravencrest / Argent Dawn

1 Like

Just stay away from Kazzak, those players will make you want to eat crayons after listening to them or watching them play, for more than 10 seconds!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.