Best profession to go with enchanting

Hi, I got full lvl enchanting right now and was thinking about getting another profession. Which one is the best right now or which is the best one in combination with enchanting?

I don’t think any of the other professions have any symbiosis with Enchanting at the moment.

The leveling process for most Crafting professions often leads to having a lot of items, that won’t be worth selling, which Enchanters could turn into dust and use to level up Enchanting. But these items are BoE, so this isn’t really an argument for taking such a profession on the same character that has Enchanting, besides you mention already having maxxed you skill level.

Basically, the fact that you have Enchanting isn’t relevant, and you just want a Profession that doesn’t itself require a 2nd profession on the same character.

All the farming professions are viable (and never really a bad idea). That is Herbalism, Mining or Skinning. You can then either sell the proceeds of those profs, or mail them to alts who need those materials for crafting professions.

If you go for a crafting profession on this Character, then the main thing to keep in mind is you’d have to rely on another character for materials. So if you were to select Alchemy, you’d have to either spend a lot of gold on herbs, or switch to an herbalism-alt to farm herbs with. Likewise, picking Leatherworking here would kinda demand a Skinning-alt, and so forth.

It’s nice to have farming professions on a main (or at least a character on which you often do outdoor content), that way you get the occasional herbs/skins/ore while questing, which is a nice bonus. It can save you for having to actively switch to a farming character, and go out farming materials when you need them.

5 Likes

Thanks! That was really useful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ive matched tailoring with enchanting on my alts. Cloth can be gathered while in the world plus I can craft stuff to disenchant. I found that works specially in the last fw expansions .

2 Likes

The combinations i use :

Herbalism - Alchemy
Skinning - Leatherworking
Jewelcrafting - Enchanting
Tailoring
Mining - Blacksmithing / Engineering

1 Like

Tailoring was always a great way to feed into enchanting mats.

1 Like

Personally I take herbalism and feed the herbs into an alt

My main has enchant herb
Alt with alch enchant (I use this one for m+ so lots to de)
Alt with herb alch x2
Alt with incription alch
Alt with mineing alch x2
Alt with herb tailoring
Alt with mining jc
Alt with mining blacksmithing

The multiple alch is so I can transmute for anchorweed

Some of my gatherer alch chas I will probably swap to other professions soon to take advantage of more daily CDs

If I play an alt it will useually have at least 1 gathering proff so I can make gold while questing

1 Like

Traditionally Enchanting is paired with Tailoring because while both of these professions are completely self-sufficient, with that combination you can effectively process cloth you farm or buy or get passively while questing into enchanting materials.

3 Likes

Myself im using Enchanting/Engineering as a shaman main. I love engineering too much to be able to give it up. And Enchanting stands well on its own legs, way too much stuff to DE to really need tailoring.

I used to be Alchemy/Engineering. But with the news of full-suite enchanting slots comming back, I dropped Alchemy. They will be able to craft flasks with extract duration, and Enchanting can produce cloak enchants that increases it further. Enchanting is going to in hot need to generate mats with the many more slots opening. And Alchemy is much less needed on a raiding main in SL.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.