Best race for shadow priest lore-wise

Hey everyone. Im looking to level a shadow priest horde-side since progression is very lackluster on my ally realm which sucks because i really like void elf shadow priests. I was wondering which races on the horde side fit best with the shadow priest theme and makes the most sense lore wise. thank you!

Let’s see we have…

• Undead, this is a bit of an obvious one as they’re known to only be shadow I believe.

• Troll/Zandalari, as a priest of Bwonsamdi. Fits well too with the heritage gear and overall theme.

• Mag’har as a Shadowmoon clan orc.

Some strong options.

5 Likes

Forsaken, hands down.

1 Like

thanks for the quick reply guys. i figured it might be forsaken but im a bit confused.

im not an expert on lore by any means but i do really like it and i remember reading a while back that death/undeath is the enemy of the void (that comic with sylvanas and alleria). apparently if youre undead u can pretty much resist the maddening whispers of the void?

so for people out there who know more than me: how do undead shadow priests work with the void?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Cult_of_Forgotten_Shadows

1 Like

I would imagine that being undead probably makes forsaken shadow priests more… adept controlling the void dare I say? As they’re not vulnerable to the direct whisperings of the void.

With that said, and I’m not sure if this is something that would bother you but worth noting - undead in cloth doesn’t tend to look… great. But that’s all opinion I suppose

2 Likes

Back in WotLK both ud and belf priests were too mainstream for me.

I think if you don’t want troll you should give a try to Mag’har shadowmoon orc. Their story in WoD was great and it was truly a race that dedicated itself to study of the void.

ah i hadnt considered that they control it without falling victim to the whispers since the theme of their abilities makes it sound like the void ‘‘takes over’’ or they become a servent of the old gods temporarily when they go into voidform

Void elf by far theyre all about the void tgeyre infused by it. Spec is basicly made for them

I will be honest I really like playing Shadow Priest on my troll. Dunno why but floating along covered in black/purple shadow is just so Troll/Voodoo to me.

I would vote troll, but I’m biased, mon.

3 Likes

If you really want to experiment, Tauren Priests can also be Shadow (at least Grimtotem), and some voluntarily chose to become a Shadow Priest because they want to uphold balance.

But it’s like the least obvious choice, go with what Zoljamba has suggested for the most lore-friendly options.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.