Best race for tanking ?

In the faction imbalance discussion we talk a lot about what are the best racials but often we only look at dps/Healing output. So in your opinion what’s the best race for tanking ?

1 Like

Not sure atm, but come mechagnomes, they will be OP for tanking.

1 Like

The one you like staring at the most

11 Likes

Kul Tirans seem pretty good.

Depends on class realy, differences arent that big, but for example, for druid its kul tiran hands down, followed by highmountain

For alliance dwarf - either of dwarves. Since dwarves cannot be druids, you might then go either for … euhm… ‘whatever’ druid. Otherwise still… dwarf.

Dwarf racial is only racial I know is actively useful in situations. Elves dodge and draenei heal all that are minuscule compared to active self dispel or so. For the elves and M+, it is because of skip mechanics not that elven tank is somehow sturdier.

My alliance tanks are all elves, except paladin - but because I like the height and visual of elves, and I never considered it because of racial.

5 Likes

It’s anyones guess.Just chek the leaderboard on wacraftlogs for MDI and Mythic raids.It’s all over the place.There is the usall alliance Nelf,but some people just go with the aesthetics.

Best race will be the one you like because you will put time into the toon :+1:

3 Likes

Mechagnome hands down

Stacking PRIMARY stat during combat (over time) and insane automatic self heal that is % so its most effective on - surprise - tanks.

It matters almost nothing.

Youll make100 little misplays that will outweigh your race choice every dungeon.

Changing that to 99 little misplays would be more impactful that agonising over the difference between a kultiran and belf.

5 Likes

I would go for Kul Tirans

1 Like

Horde -
Tauren -
[Endurance]( Increases your Stamina by 197 (scales with level).

HM Tauren -
[Rugged Tenacity] (Reduces damage taken by (Stamina * 0.0003 * 20).

Alliance -
KT - [Brush It Off] - Increases Versatility by 1%. When you take damage, heal for 2% of that amount over 4 sec.

Dwarf -
[ Stoneform]: Removes all poison, disease, curse, magic, and bleed effects and reduces all physical damage taken by 10% for 8 sec

Can’t comment on Mechagnome until their traits go live as they’re constantly changing.

1 Like

Racials have been nerfed into the ground, pick whatever pleases you visually.

2 Likes

Night elves!
Shadowmeld for fast runs…

1 Like

Agreed :+1:t5:

Nelf for the shadowmeld skip, but else dwarf on necrotic week. Outside of that it doesn’t really matter.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.