Best realm for mainly pvp

hello, i sick of bfa aff lock pvp state and will try classic wow,
wich realm is more active for PVP? are the bgs cross-realm?
Dosent matter if it is horde or ally, preference a balanced realm, if not i better be on the wining faction cuz im ally on retail and cant win a bg without losing 5

The BGs are xrealm, yeah. They had said before Classic came out that it’d be xrealm, because they’re following the reference client (1.12) and that’s what that client had.
But as BGs were released early in what was later called “phase 2.5”, the xrealm we got was literally ALL servers of ALL languages mixed together into the same matchmaking pool. You could be matched up with Russians as well as all the other languages.

That made lots of people complain, and shortly after they separated the Russian realms from the matchmaking. However you can still get matched up with all the other language’d realms, like Germans etc.

You can still get matched up against Russian realms however. But they’re limited to only being matched up on the same team as other players on Russian realms.

So basically, there are no battlegroups, unlike what it was like in 1.12.

So the matchmaking we have now is like retail’s. Kind of.

1 Like

Hey yes come and play classic it’s ace! My advice to you is to try and forget retail and play it as a completely separate game.

If you are going to play warlock, it’s a really strong class in pvp. If you want to be the most competitive then orc is the way to go as the pvp trinkets in classic are class specific. Meaning they only get certain classes out of certain things. The warlock one doesn’t get you out of stuns so the orc racial that gives you a total of 30% stun resist, helps against rogues, warriors and paladins.

If you fancy more of a challenge or want to be stronger in pve then there are other classes too.

As far as realms go, just check the highest population with the best balance between horde and alliance. I’m on Gandling which is horde favoured. You’re always fighting more than one but you are always fighting.

Hope this helped.

2 Likes

didnt knew about the trinkets, i guess it wont be a problem cuz maybe classic have just a few stuns unlike retial.
how is alliance doing in bgs? thinking going alliance on firmaw, what you think? ratio is 45.9%ally 54.1% horde. Other option is golemagg

If you want to play in the strongest possible team you should roll alliance.
Holy pala makes a good team that much stronger then horde can be.

Gnome is best for PVE, no questions. And still very strong in pvp can remove snare.

Warlock will be shred by rogues and warriors tho, unless you spec for them a good war will get you down in a few sec.

why that thing about h pally? are they much better then r shammy?
what realm you recomend for a balance Wpvp and alot of people to get groups (ally). Is ally doing better in bgs?

Holy pala provides mobility and cetain classes, maybe most of all warriors, will rock with that

1 Like

It’s the other way around on classic. Diminishing returns is much more watered down so expect a sap and a sheep to last a minute.

You can kill someone in 3 chained fears with nothing but three dots ticking on them and t won’t break. I’d say classic really incentivises group play as the balance is a little wonky.

My personal opinion id day that horde is stronger for pvp due to racials and alliance are strong we for pve. But when it comes down to it you can do either.

Yeah those realms will be good. I’d probably say play the opposite faction you play in retail to spice it up a bit but all in all, it’s up to you.

1 Like

Shamans are great and have massive burst, purge, wind fury totem and strong off heals. Hpalas on the other hand will not be stuck in 25sec sheep… Hpalas have aaaaaaamazing utility in pvp and are extremely powerful in group pvp.

1 Like

im trying to decide on going horde, but alliance have my favorite zone ever ( Duskwood), if alliance is doing ok on bgs i go alliance on firemaw. is faction change available in classic?

No mate it’s not available. Also you can’t change from a pve to a pvp server.

Would you really make a decision like this over one zone you spend a few hours in?

Alliance is not doing that great on BGs, AV is a mess and WSG is all about premades, though we usually win pug matches. But all that can change. Firemaw is a really crowded server. If you are after wpvp you will find it. But it’s not for the weak of heart. You would also have to get creative to secure resources and level past 48, especially if you start at this phase. I’d consider a balanced and not full server if I were you.

My only options as alliance are firemaw, venoxis, golemagg and earthshakker. Ashbringer is listed as high but in ironforge website it inly counts 6k players, it makes me wonder if the population there is pvp focused, as that website only look for ppl that did raids(wow logs). Elandra good poiny there . But you knOw how nostalgia can be overpowered

Yes, as healers in PvP paladins are miles better than their counter part shamans. Here’s why:

1. More mana efficient
  2. Bubble breaks all CC and gives 12 seconds of uninteruptable cast time
  3. Blessing of Freedom removes snares and slows and makes the player immune to them. This makes Warriors absolute wrecking machines.
  4. Not easily CC’d - A good Holy Paladin will use blessing of sacrifice on a player receiving damage to break an incoming CC (other than fear).
  5. Blessing of protection completely shuts down melee classes who are focusing a target and removes mortal strike.
  6. Cleanse removes 1 magic debuff, 1 disease debuff and 1 poison debuff all in 1 cast.

Also if your a dwarf you can use stone form to get out of blind or removes other poison and bleed effects. Dont go human if you want to focus on PvP - Dwarf is just better.

Of course it makes sense that Shaman is the perfect counter to paladin as purge removes a lot of a Paladins utility and earth shock stops them spam healing.

I like to see Shamans as offensive healers with the ability to interupt, slow and increase the damage of their team with the likes of Windfury totem where as Paladin is a more defensive healer with being able to remove slows, magic debuffs (Shamans cannot dispel magic debuffs) and other form of CC and of course the trade mark Divine Shield.

Both are fun though!

If you are going to play Horde on a PvP server you’ll most likely be doing AV and trying to find Alliance to farm in between queues.

If your playing Alliance then you’ll have instant queues and will want to find a pre made for WSG. Don’t expect to go out in the world and find other Alliance doing Wpvp because of the instant queues most PvPers do not leave the major cities.

Ps - Duskwood is my favourite zone too.

thanks. thinking in going golemagg. i remmeber in tbc low level pvp award you honor or smth you could use to buy blue gear at lvls 19,29,39… is this real in classic?

No there is no blue gear for low levels via honor well there is but its not great you get a cloak, neck and bracers that are stamina heavy at ranks 3, 4 and 5 but it’s not better than what you can get from AH and dungeons. There is blue gear for level 60 (and possibly 58) if you reach the required rank. For lower levels you have WSG reputation which gives different items at different rep levels:

Honored - blue neck, rings and a healing cloak
Revered - blue 1 handed sword, staff and bow (and dagger if I remember right)
Exalted - Epic bracers and in later phases Epic legs

When AB is released you’ll also be able to get blue boots, belt and a trinket.

1 Like

do you know the name of this low level gear vendors? in tbc they were in funny places cant remember now

Logic would dictate the highest populated realm would increase likelihood of world PvP, not that hard to choose OP.

1 Like

Illiyana Moonblaze

http s://classic.wowhead.com/npc=14753/illiyana-moonblaze

She is located in Ashenvale near the WSG entrance.

1 Like

went firemaw alliance, went offline for 20 mins got in 1.5hour queue, haha i thought that queues did not exist after so long since realese.
[Mynmax] thanks alot