Best RP guild you've been in!

Grim… Jest? :clown_face: :thinking:

No!

Grim Gest! :smiling_imp: :heart:

4 Likes

There is this one great Gnomish guild I’d really qualify as the best I’ve been in. Something about assembly.

Ahem, ahem.
Wink wink.
Nudge nudge.

4 Likes

Easy , everyone always talks about the rotgarde guess we are still kings

3 Likes

Easy answer, the Red Venturers!

6 Likes

Unit Fourteen.

2 Likes

Damn, good question.

I’ve been in a lot of mercenary/adventurer guilds over the years, one particular standout being The Black Company on Moon Guard-US. Spent a lot of time with them during Wrath.

1 Like

I remember Arathi too. Was probably in the guild at the same time as you.

True actually

12 Likes

Easily Rotgarde, already said why in another thread.

They helped me grow as a rper and it was with them I had the best moments, and for that I am thankful.

4 Likes

It can be either Wun Dynasty or Fallen Leaf depending on factors chosen.

Wun Dynasty was the concept I had the most fun with, probably. Fallen Leaf has advantages like stability (go figure) and a ultra high effort GM even if I don’t agree with all the members.

Both are contenders.

1 Like

Obviously biased but the “Painted Shields”.

As you well know I was an Alliance player before I decided to step over the veil to Horde RP, and I haven’t looked back since. Trolls have always had a special place in my heart with their superstition & deep lore.

I made my Forest Troll hunter & ventured into Orgrimmar, on the second day a fellow Forest Troll named “Wuuga” came up to me and told me of a troll warband headed to the front-line, to claim the skulls of the Alliance lurking around Strahnbrad.

Within the hour we marched out to an RP-PvP campaign in the north of the Eastern Kingdoms. The campaign as a whole was something spectacular and immediately I knew I was where I wanted to be. Fast forward a year and I’m now an officer for the very same guild, and it hasn’t got boring once.

Even before my time as officer this guild has been nothing but helpful & immersive, both of my trolls have a quality, long-standing story that constantly develops.

2 Likes

Best guilds I’ve been in for me are Highmountain Stands and Fealty to the Grave. I tend to prefer smaller, more relaxed guilds than the big ones.

Honourable mentions to Banners Under Bloodhoof.

Men of Good Faith and Razor Hill Raiders

6 Likes

Razor Hill Raiders and Men of Good Faith. It’s the most viewed guild on the forums for a reason.

9 Likes

The Order of the Sword and Rose, OSR. They were around back in Vanilla-TBC and were essentially The Caretakers from the warcraft RPG. The guild didn’t have any racial restrictions but they typically focused on recovering relics and family heirlooms for the races of the old Alliance. It’s hard to describe it but the officers were a different breed of roleplayer, you rarely see dungeon masters and event planning of that quality, if ever.

They had that generational advantage of coming from the DnD community before it was dumbed down and the DMs back then were expected to do ungodly amounts of preparation which by today’s standards are ridiculous. The events they ran I’ve rarely seen rivaled over the years I’ve played WoW and it all seemed so effortless to them.

My baby that I abused so much, The Men of Good Faith :cowboy_hat_face::smoking:
RHR
HoC

Simple as.

8 Likes

Definitely a tough question. The Bloodied Crown had the most interesting characters, but the Stormguard had the most interesting interactions with the wider population. One of the two, but I miss them both. :frowning:

1 Like

Razor Hill Raiders

5 Likes

I’ve enjoyed my stay in the guilds I’ve been in, but the Mok’lohn Command was the best out of them all. My first major guild. I am glad to see it making a comeback too!

The Sunwarders will always have a special place in my memories of AD. It was my first serious foray into guild RP and one that I still recall with fondness.

Runner-up is a bit of a cheat, seeing as I wasn’t in it myself, but interacted with them often enough that their roster influenced my time IC quite a bit. The “FFS Stormdogs” Stormguard.

1 Like