Best RP guild you've been in!

Hello there, Argent Dawn.

Wanted to see what’s the best RP guild you’ve been a member of through all of your RP carrier in wow. To be more exact, the best memory you have from it.

As for myself, even me being there was quite brief, I can mention Grim Gest, and the good company it offered.

What about you?

5 Likes

I’m still in it

4 Likes

There is only one best guild on AD :blush: :blush: :blush: :heart_eyes: :heart:

1 Like

Yeah I just said which one no need to repeat me

7 Likes

Without saying “The current one I’m in lol”, I’m going to say a guild that existed back iiiiinnnn… I want to say 2009, back when I started RPing. Stormwind Royal Infantry. It was generic military RP but it was my first dive into RP on Argent Dawn and I have fond memories of it and I remember the leader being a great guy.

Until it collapsed and Arthedun absorbed it into his guild instead.

1 Like

Obvious bias for the guild I was actually leading for some time before its disbanding, the Umbral Vanguard, pleasent memories-wise takes the cake. Easily and without much competition.

However, there are a couple of others I really enjoyed being in, in the past like the Spectral Watch or the Amberleaf Blossom.
But to be honest, the one I’m in right now, if we disregard sentimentality, is the best I’ve ever been in.
It has the best combat system I’ve seen so far, the second best community I’ve seen on this server and quite frankly, the most skilled GM at being a GM that I’ve ever met.
He’s just honestly stunningly good at his job.

Gonna have to say that my best time in a guild was in my very own called the Silvershield Company which especially the first 3 years were amazing.

If other guilds…

Lionmaw Vanguard - for them military.
Crusaders of Turalyon - for that traveling companion feel.
Eclipse Vanguard - For my first actual rp battles against players. Mostly with bane in Duskwood.

Going back 10-11 years ish i think with this list.

The Hornmantled.
Moklohn Command - in the Cataclysm / Mists of Pandaria era.
The Blue Banner.

1 Like

In life and death.

2 Likes

Hm the best guild I’ve been in. Well i loved my time in the haywards back in the day. But the Red Gryphons are the best guild i’m in on any characters now.

For me?

It’s the guild reading this :flushed:

10 Likes

Unit Fourteen.

1 Like

The Riftwalkers were pretty cool, but RL stuff consumed our GM and he never came back :frowning:

Freelancers back on Defias Brotherhood was great times, had some of my best RP going on there and made good, lasting friends.

The one I’m currently in is a worthy successor though! I’m very fond of my Goats.

2 Likes

I’m going to say it, The Myrmidon. There’s a lot of memorable roleplay we’ve had through social interactions and more so through stories that I always look back on fondly, it’s left some real impacts on my character and not felt like ‘just another event’ to me.

Furthermore there’s a lot of good writers in the guild, admittedly I felt intimidated when I first joined it but pushed past that barrier. I’ve gotten better with my own writing through roleplaying with them and I can say I’m pretty pleased about it. They make me want to do better with it, so I can provide a more detailed and fun experience for others through storytelling.

1 Like

Kirin Tor Assault and Ebontide Brigands back in WoD were great fun while they lasted. The latter had a lot of bumps during it’s life, but still it’s a memorable experience for me when it comes to Alliance RP.

Fist of Thaurissan was good, until our GM got burned off WoW in 2018 shortly after the Dark Irons were released.

Shout out also to my boys and grills in/who have been in Ironbrand. You know who you are.

The Nightingale Society was pretty good, then leadership changed and I kind of fell out of the loop and yeah decided to leave.

Absolutely loved this guild too! I remember doing some training camp in Arathi Highlands and being really immersed in the RP. It collapsed because Arthedun absorbed it though, not the other way around!

I can think of one.

Also known as
The Grim Best
The Grief Gang
The GRIMMmmmmmmm GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANnnnnnnnnnngggggg

5 Likes