Best Warlock spec for PvP?

Before anyone gets started… I did see the Warlock complaint posts that are overflowing on the Warlock forum page. :melting_face:

I just wanna say that I’m not interested in “current buffs or nerfs”, or the current meta… If Blizz did something to upset Warlock players, that sucks, but I’m not really asking about that in this post.

Warlock is the only class I have never played, and I in general just wanna know how the specs are in terms of PvP, when it comes to their “core gameplay style”? Mainly when it comes to BGs and WPvP (1v1s). :slight_smile:

I could imagine that Affliction or Destro are good, since many spells are instant cast, or hits incredibly hard (mainly talking about Chaos Bolt). And that Demo is not that great because of how many spells require standing still and casting… But then again… Aren’t all the specs that way? :sweat_smile:

As you can probably tell, I’m completely new to Warlock, and would love some thoughts on which specs the community generally recommend for PvP. :slight_smile: Thanks!

The “instant cast” spells of Destruction deal negligible damage and forget about casting chaos bolt in melee meta. In solo-shuffle, warlocks are prio targets usually since you completely negate them with a melee comp (that is most of the encounters now).

Demonology is the best spec, you can reduce the cast time of your spells by a significant amount, you get access to two instant stuns (felguard and grimoire felguard) on top of your usual toolkit. The cast time of your cooldown (demonic tyrant) is also pretty short and easy to cast. You can basically run around while your demons deal damage. Insta-cast demonic cores placing an explosive dot also has more value in pvp than any other spec tierset.

Affliction dots alone don’t deal enough damage to make it viable and the fact that you are a single-school caster makes every interrupt of your malefic rapture hurt extra.

1 Like

All 3 specs are garbage at the moment in this heavy mellee meta. It feels like World of Trainlockcraft. Demo is probably doing the same overall damage as most tank specs. All 3 specs lack 2 min CD that actually feels good to press. Demo requires 5-7 sucessful precasts to make Tyrant do anthing, while pretty much every other class press a button and 1 shots you. Amount of mini ccs like stuns, silences etc is so disgusting atm that it feels miserable to play any caster or healing spec atm.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.