Beta keys to same people as in classic. Not Randomized?

I been playing this game since early 2005. I noticed one thing about Blizzard Entertaiment. Its the greed for more. Its about the lack of respect of the people that built up the company, (the playerbase), it feels like you shiit on us. I noticed via Twitch that its the same persons , the high viewers that recive the beta key for TBC as well as they did for Classic. If you say this is randomized, its bullshiit when you see its the same high viewer people on twitch that is the once playing the burning crusade beta now… What happend to the respect to the playerbase?

WTB a staff that can prove for me its not just about the greediness.

/Regards Cata

Who have said the first waves (or any) would be randomized? Blizzard have no interest in having thousands of testers at this point.

2 Likes

I asked for a staff to reply…

What makes you think you are entitled to an answer from blizzard to your nonesense when noone else is getting one regarding issues they raise?

PS. You won’t get one.

2 Likes

Please don’t hold your breath while waiting for them to reply.

1 Like

You can find the answer to your question in the blue post that was posted yesterday.

Edit:

Then you’re on the wrong board, the US is this way:

<--------

1 Like

I sympathise with OP big time, I gained achievements from the original TBC on this very account but get the feeling that I’m not even going to be considered for the remake? But a twitch streamer who was still in nappies when TBC was originally launched is beta testing?

1 Like

Then why is it promoted as a beta testing? Why release it now when pre-patch is still so far away and people aren’t even playing classic anymore and the ones that are, are just raid logging, banking merching or AFK standing in major faction cities.
I wouldn’t even mind, but pre-patch isn’t rumoured until around end of may and the fuss and excitment yesterday was nothing more then a promo-gimic for streamers to get more views on twitch.

The first wave of beta is always about marketing and raising awareness. Is it right? Meh subjective…but from a business POV yeah its a smart move. You people get far to emotional over business decisions. You act as if it is a personal attack you weren’t invited…fact is, normal players are far less valuable to bliz compared to streamers and such when it comes to new releases…

If you don’t get invited to any beta waves, yeah bad luck.

No one cares that you play this game since 2005 xD
i’m playin since 2006 so what?

How am I acting as if it’s a personal attack? By wanting to be part of something that I originally was all those years ago? Sorry but that doesn’t make sense. I understand that whining and complaining won’t get me anywhere (Even if it does eliviate some of the disappointment)

and no, twitch streamers aren’t going to bring in any different players than the ones who would play TBC anyway.
But I guess the neckbeards and fully grown man-children can spend their next month watching someone else enjoying the game while spamming memes and Pepe emojis.

1 Like

Played since 2005 but your earliest achievments are from 2014… :S

1 Like

Because what you did in tbc has nothing to do with being granted beta access.

You have 3 ways to get in to beta.

1: Opt in
2: Community veteran(streamer), fansites and press
3: Friends and family

Cathegory1: is the one we are in, and right now, there is a limited amount of these, blizzard will send out more and more of these every week, these are here for actual testing purposes

To get one of these, you need to win the lucky roll of about 500k-a million people that clicked opt in, and about 10-50k that actually gets a invite.

cathegory 2, these get invites for advertising nothing else.

Cathegory 3, these get invites as a perk for working or knowing someone at blizzard.

There are not many streamers on the beta, its just that the only peopple you can see is the streamers, because those are the only ones that show the beta, that make is look like there is noone else there. but there is. whining about that a group of few people are getting invites because they provide blizzard with advertising worth millions of dollar.
When you give blizzard millions of dollars i bet you can get a invite.

1 Like

i never said that i was playin retail but im playin wow since 2006 i started with retail in last month of MOP…

They will be streaming the content. Raising awareness, giving people who likely never played it a first look and a feel for tbc. What would you do? At best write a paragraph on the forums. No comparison to which one is actually valuable and helping promote the content is there.

If you honestly belive they’re going to bring in the players and it’s got nothing to do with nostalgic love people had for the game around that time I think you’re sorely mistaken.

The only people watching the streams right now are the same people who was watching them when they was doing SL/Classic content and will be doing so when TBC is released.

I just don’t enjoy being flagged about all this TBC “beta” (i use the term beta very loosely) when the closest thing to TBC content any of us will actually get is nearly 2 months away.

1 Like

It has always been the same list since Cataclysm, with minor changes. There are those who always get into betas, and those who never get.

And apparently it’s tied to battle.net email address, since after changing it, I stopped getting betas anymore.

Oh noes!

We have to wait 2 months for a videogame!

Catastrophe! To the shelters! Someone call Vault-Tec!

Well for those of us stuck in lockdown and never really enjoyed/wanted classic to begin with it’s an extra kick in the teeth.
It shouldn’t have been over-hyped as it is. I understand you’re more then content with watching your favourite streamer play a game for hours on end but that’s not enough for me and many others. If it’s not really about Beta testing the game and more about being a promotion gimic then they should have atleast released beta when PrePatch was close to in coming and your compliant attidude will not alter my opinion on the matter.

2 Likes