BFA has quite a lot of good ideas

Hi there,

so yeah, I think this is quite an unpopular view to have but please hear me out.
first some background as this may explain where I’m coming from: I have only started playing this game semi seriously a few months ago. Before that I have dabbled since tbc but that was more me dicking about in leveling zones and later maybe doing a normal pug here and there.

Now, I feel like a lot of the systems in BFA have a solid, fun idea behind them while sometimes having a less than stellar execution. I hope to hear some of the opinions on the forum regarding this.

Pathfinder
Now I like the pathfinder system, I like that you have to work to get this perk which, let us remind ourselves, is not necessary at all to do content, it is purely for user comfort (and I guess for gathering professions).
I do not like the fact that we have to wait for it to be patched in however, 8.0 could have had flying imho.

azerite gear
I like that you have a choice in neat perks to spice up your spec, it keeps things fresh.
In practice it is quite frustrating to farm for those specific traits you need, I get that.

essences
to be fair I don’t really like this particular system, too many ways to make content mandatory and too generic. The idea of and extra, fun, flashy ability that you can swap out if needed is really cool to me though.

corruption
I really like the idea behind corruption, risk/reward systems are just cool. Imagine if things like twilight devestation or infinite stars didn’t exist, now nerf the remaining corruptions by like 10/20%, I think you’d get a pretty neat system where you have to weigh your damage vs the need to constantly move.

in closing: I get that all of these systems put together may give us an rng overload and the execution of the system is probably also not ideal. But I really think there’s something here, it may be because I am quite new but I AM having fun.
thanks for coming to my TED talk :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I feel like BFA has been a bit of a sandbox. Like you said, a lot of potentially good systems that don’t feel quite finished, thrown in together…

I think they could be good if they refined them a bit (a lot) more, and weren’t so keen to rush them out.

PS, I don’t think your opinion is unpopular. Bare in mind what you see here on the forums probably doesn’t even make up 1% of the player base.

4 Likes

that is probably true, a lot of people in my guild seem to also be having fun and they’re by and large veteran players. Oh well, still wanted to get it out there :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hey, how can I make it short as possible. i do not hate essences, or corruptions themselves, nor I actually hate azerite itself.

What i hate are :
Grind per character to obtain one, and RNG to obtain other 2.

In other words : execution.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone has any beef on any of this. What I do think are ticking people off are the method of getting these necessities in order to have their characters work.

BFA feels to me like Blizzard just wanted to try new things. Yes somethings were good and some were bad but at least they weren’t scared to try new things.

Have to commend them for that at least.

yeah, they will probably take some of what they learned in bfa and use that to improve SL, which can only be encouraged really. (if the execution is good :slight_smile:)

I am all for them testing new things. It is what keeps this game alive. Just sometimes I wish they’d take more time to do math and work with excel sheets before publishing their new and interesting ideas.

But then again a common social media math-meme shows that a lot of Americans do have problem with basic math solving puzzles.

Not a particularly unpopular opinion, just a reasonable one which makes it pretty rare on these forums.

I just disagree with one point tho : azerite gear.

Since you seemingly started in 8.2 you didn’t see its first iteration, where each trait had a required HoA level to unlock and this requirement increased with ilvl. There was no essence back then, you only grinded ap to reunlock the same traits on your gear.

I do not dislike the system overall (the furious gaze trait, while lackluster, makes the spec feel much better to play) but it’s hard to argue that the system was properly though out.

That’s the most important thing, do not let the forums mess with your in game experience.

1 Like

I feel in a game that lets you have up to 50 characters per account they really need to start looking at some “account friendly unlocks” only once things have been done on a main.

2 Likes

Essences are cool, but to farm with all alts.
Armor traits are cool, but to have neck requirement (especially at the start).
Corruption gear is fun and the idea that the more corruption you have the more powerful you are and in the same time you must watch your resistance, but the rng kills it.
The neck is good idea, but farming on all alts Just to feel playing on a decent level sux.

May i remind you that pathfinder is a compromise, not even the devs like it.
It’s a necessary evil, meant to be a “meh” for both sides.

Sure I get that, doesn’t stop me from liking it though :stuck_out_tongue: I enjoyed the feeling of getting it after quite a grind. This is probably because I started in 8.2 so I got flying straight away.

Surely there is lot of great ideas, however the savage form of implentation was not realy fair, especialy when its on market as “Final product”, pardon me this kind of behavior doesnt seems right to me, some obviously wrong decisions has been made without any kind of resonable solutions and very limited respect to the customers/players…

I just wondered when you started playing WoW?

As I said in the op, I dabbled for quite a while, did emerald nightmare, siege of orgrimmar, my first ever raid was firelands.
I started playing the game properly back in november I think. That’s when I joined my current, glorious guild.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.