BG clarification (edit wrong section again :/ )

Okay I need to understand this ranking and bg system a little better. Someone said that the ranking system will depend on how high the population is on your server, they said “The grind is relative to how much people on your server play, as only a set amount of people can be R14 each time”. So is it easier to get Grand Marshal on a lower populated server than it is on a high on, is this true or am I missunderstanding this?

Also will bg’s be crossover servers? Because in early vanilla they weren’t. But I know this vanilla isn’t early vanilla. So is it cross over servers as soon as bg’s come out, so if you’re on a low populated server you don’t have to worry about looong queue times for bg’s. Or it will be the same length of queue time as a full pop server as on a low pop server. (Just worried thinking there might not be enough people on my server that want to bg really).

Can anyone link any site with the information about bg’s on them too please.

Basically the number of people that can have a certain rank per faction is limited (thought it might be a certain percentage of the population).

The top rank (rank 14, Grand Marshall or Uber Warlord or so) can only be held by one player at a time. And ranks get recalculated every week.

That means, to reach rank 14 (and rank 14 is the one where you get the weapons) you need to be the guy on the server that did the most PVP in the last month or so and has been working his way up to rank 13 in the time before that.

If your server has a population (or your faction to be more precise) of 1000 people being the one that spent the most time PvPing in the last month is… I guess doable. If your server has a population of 50000 then good luck, there’s probably some kid with 6 weeks of vacation who’s able to trump your efforts.

This is from memory so some of this info may be less than accurate, but the gist of it is;

ranks 1-10 only requires X ranking points, ranking points are calculated each week by looking at how large a % your HK contribution points ( each kill is worth X points ) are of the total sum of your faction.
These ranking points are added to you total current.
Above rank 5 you will also loose a fixed % each week ( think it’s 10% ? )

Ranks 11-14 have an additional requirement in that only the top 5% of you faction can attain these ranks - you will still need a minimum of X rank points to get the rank, but even if you have enough rank points to get to say rank 12 you can’t if there are enough people ahead of you with more points.

Horrible isn’t it? :slight_smile:

Bonus you can actually loose ranks above 5 but you will no longer loose the use of equipment you already bought ( they patched that at one point ), but you will NOT be able to buy equipment for your former rank. So be sure to have enough gold when your reach the rank.

edit:
There is also a max amount of ranking points you can get each week, players usually try to organize and limit how many HK contribution points they get each week as beyond a certain point any HKCP you get only inflates the amount in the totalt faction pool - potentially lowering everybodys HKRP.

Yea I remember a lot of Grand Marshalls redoing GM after they released new weapons XD

This info really helps, but does anyone know about the cross server issue, if the bg’s will be cross server or not?

Edit: Nevermind someone linked a thread from blizzard showing cross realm bg’s are confirmed to happen.

Cross Realm… Hmmm… That means you need to be the top 1 guy on ALL servers to get rank 14? :smiley:

No ranks are still calculated for your severs+faction only

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.