BG finder entirely removed (WotLK feature)

Blame this guy. Player feedback and all.

3 Likes

Wasn’t it addressed here?
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23800887/hotfixes-september-2-2022

It’s sad but if we can’t have rdf no one else should have anything similar.

Basically, level 80s that will be sitting around in cities can queue from anywhere

No?

They changed BG weekend from SOTA to WSG and removed queueing for a random BG for below level 80 rather than removing SOTA and IOC from the random BG rotation.

Even if it was WOTLK features it’s funny to see people asking features that turned WoW into a “lobby game”

Not a surprise i guess. Everyone have different taste/expectation and Blizzard is cattering to Classic players for the… Classic version of the game.

Sometime it feel like players want retail gamedesign but classic gameplay.

It’s literally more of a lobby game the way it is. You are teleported back to the person you took the queue from.

WotLK had this mechanic. This is OG Classic design in WotLK setting. Don’t think ANYONE asked for that.

1 Like

Ur 100% a boomer 70 year old pensioner :joy:

No one asked for the Ulduar balance. Yet, they are planning to do it and it’s a great idea.

People definitely asked, Blizzard aren’t capable of coming up with that idea themselves.

put it back. we want the bg finder and queue in open word. this kind of stupid little boy who can’t walk by their owners who tell us to play retail go … yourself. u don’t know even how to play PVP. and pls don’t talk about PVP. u want a PVP player sits in his as-in city and join all day from the city without any fun!!! when something is wrong we must make it right it’s not about retail or classic many things about retail is good like achievement this kind of queue. like cross-realm so we don’t have a lot of people die in classic realm cant play cant have fun. just grown up and don’t send this kind of comment.
we want it back

No! What should be done is make you all go to respective bg entrance and enter from there. After you’ve manually formed your group.

• No automated grouping tool should be allowed.
  • Teleporting into an instanced area is bad for game. After all, “the world is the main character”. Didn’t you know that?
1 Like

This was added late in to WOTLK from what i remember. Couldn’t rly care less.

Rdf is boring, and it removes the soul from classic. This fresh with rdf would have been awful

Actually #nochanges would mean you won’t get the bg finder from anywhere in the world for over half of the expansion since the redesigned bg queue that also included random bg’s came in patch 3.3.3 (yes, it was added even later than RDF).

While I’m not against this, I’m totally annoyed by these private server memories of what is removed in LK classic compared to the original LK.

Blizzard said they were removing this feature because it made the game less sociable.
It’s odd because without this feature I found TBC extremely unsociable and boring…
People do not do heroic dungeons or you have to search for over an hour to find one and its never the one you actually want to do.

I loved LFG in original WRATH since I could queue and always find a group giving me something to do instead of standing AFK…

Just as you said that I began to recollect some memories of being level 39 and hanging around the edge of ashenvale where horde has WSG vendor, I think it was for the cheap bandages I stuck around there but I can’t remember

I can reply many things to that but I’ll go with these:

• That’s not the WotLK essence at all. It was meant to be casual-friendly and that’s why it is, among all other things, the most popular expansion.
  • You’re obsessed with “the social aspect” and should get a social life. Just think on that.
  • Wrath motto is not “the world is the main character”; Wrath motto is “bring the player, not the class”, and has nothing to do with this post.
  • If they keep listening to obsessed people like you we are just going to leave official WoW and take our money out of it. Then we’ll see how much people plays and make that “society” you’re obsessed with. Let’s see how social you are when travelling all alone to a BG portal where nobody is waiting for you because they are all playing the true WotLK somewhere else.

That’s all for now. I think I made it pretty clear.
Thank you.

Did you report my reply and got it instantly deleted or what?

I mean it’s been literally 1minute from my reply and the coment disappeared and you replied again.

Who are you?