BG finder entirely removed (WotLK feature)

Edit:
They implemented it in-game next to the PvP pane, but you can’t keybind it so every first time you open the PvP pane you have to see your PvP currencies and arena ratings window, then manually click to select the proper window (Battlegrounds).
A “Toggle Battlegrounds pane” keybind option would be appreciated and everything would be perfect. Thank you anyway.

I knew this could happen. And it happened.
Just put it back.

I understand the complains about cross-server dungeon/raid group finder (even if I don’t agree with them entirely); but not being able to queue up for BG while questing and get back to your questing zone after the match is just absurd.

You just deleted one of the best aspects of Wrath for many PvPers out there and condemned them to stay AFK inside capital cities waiting for their BG to pop instead of being able to play and do some quests.

BGs are and will always be cross-server, so you just did this because you’re too lazy to do things right. Not even that; you’re just too blind to not remove iconic stuff from the best expansion ever made.

WTF were you thinking about?
Stop listenning to people that don’t even understand the community they are in, please.

Is this supposed to be WotLK at all? #somebaddecisions:
In fact, if you want to make really good #somechanges you could put the BG finder back and add a feature that makes you not being PvP flagged after leaving BG so you can still quest normally without being attacked in your PvE server.
Or you could segregate Russian Alterac Valley premades (they use Discord always, etc), so people can play that particular BG without instantly quitting after seeing the enemy faction is exploiting an unfair advantage from Retail WoW realmpool politics, having full comms and knowing eachother while our European group is just a random mass of random people; and the loss is 100% guaranteed. Always. I’m sure that whoever designed that is not suffering it.

See you around. Or not. I could be just sitting in Dalaran while cleaning the house because developers don’t even understand the WotLK essencial spirit.

33 Likes

Play retail.

2 Likes

#nochanges would have been great but here we are and they listened the loud minority…

9 Likes

This feature was added in WotLK.

7 Likes

I thought it was a bug at first, it makes no sense to not have it.
Queueing while questing, farming, etc, its so much more fun than sitting in a city doing nothing until you get in.

5 Likes

Was it added in pre-patch?
I don’t actually know which is why I ask, there’s a lot in this pre-patch that will be different from WOTLK.

1 Like

I don’t know if it was added in original pre-patch, but it isn’t now. That’s for sure and that’s why I post. I am playing pre-patch and we don’t have BG finder, so I’m concerned.

I think they deleted the feature because they were too lazy for deleting the dungeon finder while still having the PvP one. They just deleted all the finder stuff and seem to expect everyone who wants to play some BGs to stay AFK in Dalaran.

I think this because we don’t even have any option to keybind BG queue.

Let’s not talk about the incoming lag and CPU usage in Dalaran from people queueing up for BG and arena.

3 Likes

I’d say this part right here is actually the lazy part.

In the name of Blizzards beloved “Classic Design Pillars” and “the world is the main character” you certainly shouldn’t be allowed to stay in the cities to queue.

In fact, you shouldn’t be able to auto-queue at all. Make use of the chats and start building your groups manually.

Obviously you need to fly to the respective bg’s entrance to enter it as well. We can’t have any sort of teleport feature to move you inside the bg.

1 Like

Nobady cares what was added. Just becouse it was in original wotlk doesnt mean it will be in current classic.

There’s still time, let’s see what release day brings us! Then we can riot.

they should add it back, this is very bad and disincentives heavily to play low lvl bgs

Another decision that is highly questionable by Blizzard.

On the one hand they combine low level queues to increase the participation (which it doesnt in the long run, but they cannot understand) and on the other hand they wont include the main reason players were enabled to actually play battlegrounds while leveling: the battleground queue from anywhere.

If players can only queue from cities and get ported back to the city after they leave the battleground, its worthless for outdoor leveling, since its hindering the progression and wont be used. Those, who use it frequently, barely ever leave the city and just stand afk waiting for the next invite. Blizzard stated they dont want this kind of lobby game feeling either. However, their poor decision to not include the battleground queue from anywhere (and to an extended RDF, which is quite similar in its effect), makes people play less group content and those who do, have the lobby game experience. Both of these things are not desired by players and Blizzard said they dont want it either. However, they are actively creating this bad situation with their custom changes, that have no positive effect at all in case of removing the battleground queue from anywhere.

Even if Blizzard really thinks, what they say they think: they are doing custom changes that have the opposite and even harmful effect, that make the game objectively less appealing.

2 Likes

Ahem…

BG queueing system not being at the very portal of battlegrounds is immersion breaking and bad for the social aspect of the game and also kills any sense of world exploration.

You just want to queue up anywhere in the world, get teleported to the battleground and then teleported back to where you were before? That’s a slippery slope if I ever saw one.

Next thing you’ll tell me you want to play BGs with people from other servers. This is a surefire way to kill all meaningful social interactions which create long lasting friendships in this game and we all know how important that is since we all have 10+ players on the friends list with whom we talk each and every day.

What’s next? The same interface option for dungeons? Been there done that and we don’t want to go the same way as retail now, do we?

Tough luck, maybe this game isn’t for you. Retail might be where you’re more comfortable. I personaly don’t mind sitting around doing absolutely heck all for 30-45 mins so I can play the game for 20mins.

Ahem…

BG queueing system not being at the very portal of battlegrounds is immersion breaking and bad for the social aspect of the game and also kills any sense of world exploration.

You just want to queue up anywhere in the world, get teleported to the battleground and then teleported back to where you were before? That’s a slippery slope if I ever saw one.

Next thing you’ll tell me you want to play BGs with people from other servers. This is a surefire way to kill all meaningful social interactions which create long lasting friendships in this game and we all know how important that is since we all have 10+ players on the friends list with whom we talk each and every day.

What’s next? The same interface option for dungeons? Been there done that and we don’t want to go the same way as retail now, do we?

Tough luck, maybe this game isn’t for you. Retail might be where you’re more comfortable. I personaly don’t mind sitting around doing absolutely nothing for 30-45 mins so I can play the game for 20mins.

4 Likes

Added this to one of the many bugs that have to be fixed: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/en/wow/t/bug-thread-bugs-of-pre-patch-wotlk/379984/29

Thought this was real at first, then realised it had to be sarcastic hhahahaa

WoW is the most social game ever, I can’t wait to queue in city’s all the time and admire the sights and social interaction and make new friends because I have none in real life, and there is no other game better for the social aspect, than world of warcraft classic, thank god we don’t have dungeon finder or can queue for bgs while questing in the world! it’s better not to be in the world, but to stay inside Dalaran all day, all night.

so screw pve ers but gimme to pvpers?

2 Likes

I’m convinced this is a bug, OR it’s just a pre-patch thing. I cannot otherwise comprehend any reason for taking it out.

It’s because RDF and the bg queue system is the same. Don’t want RDF? Sure, but that means no bg queue from anywhere as well.