BG premades are a disaster

There is little reason to believe that it will get much better. But even if it does, there is little reason to not tackle the situation that is going on right now.

1 Like

Yes there is. Classic is a recreation of the game how it was (and are, wow have always used this system) WARTS AND ALL.

This is a wart.

Protect the warts!

1 Like

But that’s the whole issue. It wasn’t like this.

5 Likes

You are talking about feelings and player behaviour and mentality now. The system in WSG/AB is an exact replica.

1 Like

Premades should only vs premades. Blizzard, make pvp fair or you will start loosing subs.

7 Likes

No, it’s gonna get a much worse. Premades still are bad and people keep 1 point against them and many don’t seem to understand it’s more efficent to concede yet. Even private servers that had the extremely single-minded “blizzlike” policy where all items were awful 1.0 patch versions; eventually implemented pre vs pre queue because they just couldn’t keep any playerbase at all otherwise.

3 Likes

The biggest and most successful never did that. How would that even work? Would be super easy to bypass on a private servers without X realm bgs.

Why would it get worse when less people need rank and raid gear is better and more people play bgs for fun and not for rank?

you sir maybe dint play original vanila, in original vanila there was no crossrealm pvp, if u was not hardcore player, you would join less hardcore realm and ejoy game. now you have to face all disgusting hardcore premades from WHOLE EUROPE. not only your server.

5 Likes

I will just copy my answer from the other thread:

Actually it was implemented in Vanilla retail in patch 1.12 - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_1.12.0

The problem with your Straw Man argument about Cross realm Battlegrounds (that has nothing to do with premades vs pugs that have always been part of wow since launch) is that many low pop and unbalanced realms could not play any bgs without this system in Classic. So it’s really unreasonable to use it as an argument, even as a straw man argument.

1 Like

Premades are a disease to this game and should be in a separate queue with the rest of the lot.

Solo queue = solo games

I would gladly wait 10 min more for a fully pug vs pug experience.

8 Likes

are they paying you to spread lies

2 Likes

If you find a factual error in my claims feel free to point them out. You can also point out errors in my opinions if you think they are wrong. My opinion is that opinions can be wrong and that opinion can never be wrong because that makes it right.

you talk about something from end of vanila

1 Like

Yes, patch 1.12.0 and Classic is based on patch 1.12.1 ALSO, it’s this detail:

The problem with your Straw Man argument about Cross realm Battlegrounds (that has nothing to do with premades vs pugs that have always been part of wow since launch) is that many low pop and unbalanced realms could not play any bgs without this system in Classic. So it’s really unreasonable to use it as an argument, even as a straw man argument.

i really feel that you didnt play much pvp in original classic, but exelent wikipedia skils whatsoever.

2 Likes

I never played Vanilla retail so I don’t have unreasonable expectations.

I have however played private servers for many years and was prepared for how modern day players play Classic today. I never expected that playing pug battlegrounds would be fun until earliest phase 4 or 5 when most people have their ranks.

see, my point exactly, you sir are realy not needed to reply anymore here since you are kinda irrelevant when saying that somones expectatios are not what it was in original vanila or whatever you trying to say.

2 Likes

It’s not a strawman at all. It’s simply true that for the vast majority of the game we did not have any cross realm battlegrounds. Your response that “Oh but that’s just how it is, 1.12” is a copout and completely sidesteps this valid critique of classic PvP.

Crossrealm is a completely experience altering mechanic that was pushed in the last patch before TBC. More than likely they wanted to test this technology before arenas went live in TBC. Since cross realm turns small community pvp islands into one big sea of strangers it goes against everything vanilla stood for, it should never have been a part of classic in the first place.

Unbalanced realms existed in vanilla too, and this seems to be a point where #nochanges is suddenly no longer important for you. I don’t understand how you can justify that. That said, I don’t think we should just let those realms hang out to dry, we can merge a few of them in small battlegroups to improve their situation. Free migrations from overpopulated realms can be opened to these lesser populated realms to further help fix the issue.

4 Likes

You have unreasonable expectations. You want to recreate a FEELING of playing Vanilla.

I want Blizzard to recreate a database. That’s actually possible.

Why are you talking about Cross realms right now?

Let me enlighten you about what a Straw Man fallacy are:

A straw man (or strawman) is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent’s argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.

This is a thread where we are discussing the queue system where premades queue again other premades and also pugs. People are asking for a custom change.

I say, this system have always been part of the game, in every patch and expansion. Premades have ALWAYS queued against other preamdes and pugs, there have never been a time where there were two separate queues for that. It’s not reasonable to ask for a custom change in Classic that is a recreation of the game, warts and all.

How is it not a Straw Man to argue about Cross realm Battlegrounds, a system that is 100% required so that tens of thousands of players can even play battlegrounds at all on low pop and unbalanced realms?