Bg's as a newly dinged character

I’ve read a bunch of your replies on these topics & whilst I believe you mean well & are giving genuine advice, I don’t think it solves the underlying problem.

Gearing up as you suggested won’t stop ilvl disparity / imbalanced ‘fights’.

1 Like

It wont stop,but you won’t get killed by 30 k hp people in global in games,and low geared people are majority.

Anyone can do it,only if you want.

Im not even playing more than average player.I do 20-30 arenas a week,and i did rbg’s few days after hitting 60 to be done with it.

I do only daily bg wins,and i have done only 3 mythic + dungeons since hitting lvl 60.

I mean,if you at least tried,you would get solid ilvl in 12 days.

If one farmed only bg’s for 12 days,he or she would already be at 197 ilvl honor gear if nothing else.

I got farmed at 0-1000 arena cr by 38 -40 k hp people at 187 ilvl myself.That didn’t discourage me to at least try.First game i played was vs 38 k hp priest and 44 k hp warlock.

I joined RBG’s,first game played was vs 4 duelist players and other random geared people.

Next game we won vs 3 duelists and other 30-35 k hp people,as - 200 ilvl team.

You can never know until you at least give it a shot.

I wish if everyone at least tried to achieve something.People underestimate themselves and their capabilities.

I witnessed today 205 ilvl ww monk (2 hand weapon) killing 40 k hp priest and 38 k hp dk,and his max rating ever is 1400.

One thing is for certain.Sitting here and complain about game unbalance wont get you gear,nor is going to make blizzard listen.I did it myself,but i realized there’s no point,i decided to at least try to play game and honestly i surprised myself.

It is nice caring and talking about ingame problems,and making topic about certain issues,but when was the last time blizzard listened to anyone?If any topic was popular recently,that is #soloqueue,and it got canceled by blizzard.

Game is made that way since vanilla,that you always struggle as new character,and i think its natural in mmo games.What would be the point of farming gear if not to have advantage over others?Those who play a lot always had advantage over those who didn’t,and same that advantage is keeping more people around than people away from wow.

Everything comes down to who has better and bigger ‘‘mace’’ same like in real life.What else would be there if not for gear competition?Achi points?Pet battles?

I leveled few alts,and i struggled same as everyone else who started fresh,but you know your effort is going to pay off.

Most people in bg’s are around 200-207 ilvl.Some games you get 5x40 k hp players on your team,some games you get 0,while ally or horde having 7.

Its tricky in some cases,especially when you wait 15-20 minutes sometimes for same that bg,just to get graveyard camped,but what can u do…

Nothing has be done about that since vanilla,and never will.

I wish if everyone in arenas had same hp,games would be more interesting.

Let me get this straight guys,
You make an alt and the moment it hits 60 you go in a BG.
Then you expect to be able to compete with guys that are playing for months the same character and have upgraded and have gear? I do get that it is frustrating to be 1shoted by everyone but don’t expect the moment you reach 60 and you still have green/blues to be able to do anything at all against people that have high end gear. If that were the case then gear would mean nothing at all.
There are some ideas that this problem will be fixed somehow , like creating ilvl brackets for random BGs up to 200 ilvl 201 up to 213 and higher than 214.

If I dinged 60 & jumped into some high rated bg, yeh I’d expect to get demolished because I know I’d be out of my depth.

But if I jump into an unrated bg, with unrated gear, yeh it would be kinda nice to be able to compete with anyone else in the same bg, like I did on every level on my journey to 60 (& like I did in Legion & ~BfA), otherwise, what’s the point in being there?

^ thats not rhetorical, what is the point in queuing/trying if your abilities & defensives are laughably meaningless?
Join bg -can’t dent anyone, can’t effectively solo defend, can’t kill an efc, insta-die when someone sneezes…
Join bg -can’t dent anyone, can’t effectively solo defend, can’t kill an efc, insta-die when someone sneezes…
^ endure this for ~12 days(!?) & finally earn a whopping 197, at which point you’re still fighting an uphill battle & getting 1-shot.
^ endure this for as long as it takes to farm enough rating for good gear (or perma sit at 197 if you’re unrated)… then what, join unrated bg’s with supergear & be the one insta-squishing nubs!?

How do people find that fun!?!

How about when people ding 60 they’re allowed to compete!? idc if brackets or scaling or templates, but why throw people up against players with twice their hp!?
It’s a garbage experience that’s only really enjoyed by people who love to punch downward.

3 Likes

I know that a 160 ilvl player would be completely useless in any BG that has 220 ilvl players to play against. Don’t forget though that enemy team has low gear players as well.
I do understand that it is completely frustrating and stupid to try to farm honor as a fresh lvl 60 with the current system that’s why most people go only Epic BGs when on a 40vs40 you may blend in a bit.
The bracket depending on ilvl is probably the best thing that should happen to encourage people that wanna play pvp make alts and not feel completely useless.
A different approach would be that there would be a BG where all players would have their item level normalized let’s say around 200 ilvl for all players with ilvl below 200. That would make fresh 60s to play with a descent gear till they get enough honor to equip themselves with higher ilvl items

Probably better to join low rated RBGs.

its kinda strange to see so manny people complain… i mean rly now… its my fault cuz i dont swap characters? i play this guy since the start of the xpansion ofc i have high gear… but u kinda work for it… we ware all at 150-160 il at some point. what do u espect? boost a char and be able to go toe to toe with everybody?

I guess the point is that the item gap shouldn’t be a large as it is. It’s pretty huge just for 1 season.

2 Likes

read the gnomes replies. Apperantly people get it when he says it :confused:

Scaling or templates needs to be brought back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.